Where are the Mojave users

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like the Mojave has lost interest on this forum. Not much being reported lately. Just wondering. I love mine.

Been wondering about this too.

Do you get decent depth out of yours?

OP
OP
F

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Northern Illinois, Fortaleza Brazil
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, 5 6 7 inches in soil. Accurate on locates. Great response time and light. Good bang for dollar. Were the other buyers of Mojave just testing it and selling them off.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Still use mine, part time but so much fun when I pull it out.
This summer I found a lot of clad, some older wheats that were heavily masked plus all of these things too...and more with limited use.

The large UK Penny was sitting centimeters from a huge rusty iron nail, the silver dime I missed a million times before using lots of other detectors and it was found less than an hour after I started swinging this thing.
The silver bracelet proved it is just as good at sniffing out chains as my Compadre and the half was just a great thing to find.

I traded away my Vaq to get it and in my very difficult soil I was hoping this one would go just one inch more than my Compadre but it surprised me and went a few more inches than that.
Way more fun to hunt here with this one than my Vaq, too.

This ended up to be a great trade for me, my Compadre will one day be converted to a freshwater hunter and I still ended up with a great, fun and productive Tesoro I can pull out when I get the itch.

I still read of many hunters using them but like me they are part of an arsenal and not necessarily a prime hunter but still a very well thought of tool.

Attachments

• photostudio_1510364010150.jpg
    photostudio_1510364010150.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SSSSHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What are you trying to do? Give away the best metal detector in trash there is? For goodness sake re-read the Tesoro Cult rules concerning this model! :skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG-20130811-00776.jpg
    IMG-20130811-00776.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
F

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Have you used the Mojave in wet/dry sand? In low tide salt sand?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Have you used the Mojave in wet/dry sand? In low tide salt sand?

Great machine in the dry sand, I dug very little garbage. In the wet sand of Ft. Lauderdale, it was as good in the wet sand, as the Makro Racer 2 was on Long Island, NY. For a single-frequency VLF it is as good as you are going to get in the wet saltwater sand. Deepest target was a nickel at 8"-8.5" deep in dry sand. Wet targets averaged around 5"-6" in depth. :skullflag:

Attachments

• f10.jpg
    f10.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20171017_183943.jpg
    IMG_20171017_183943.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20171018_160911.jpg
    IMG_20171018_160911.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
F

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I will take mine to Brazil. Down there I only hit the beach and there is a lot of trash, bottle caps, tabs, cans and aluminum foil. It should sort out lots of trash . I will report my findings.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up a Mojave in August to use as a travel machine and for finding our modern steel-core clad coins. It was my first Tesoro, and has quickly become my primary detector. It does great in nails, and handles wet salt sand better than I expected. I found two (Canadian) large cents on a small beach on Vancouver Island, in an area I'm pretty sure I'd previously gone over with my CTX (!).

For the price, it's incredible. When searching for targets of up to 6" or so, I absolutely don't feel outgunned if other folks are using CTXes, Deuses, etc.

I decided to pick up a Vaquero or Tejon for times when I'm going after really deep targets. A black Tejon with the 8x11 DD coil came up first on eBay, and I got it for a good-ish price. It arrived just as our first blast of winter did, so the next four-five months will be spent in anticipation :-). If it proves to be too finicky, I'll look at getting a Vaq.

But I expect to use the Mojo for a lot of my day-to-day hunting.

-Kitz

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Mojave, took it to my garage floor which has no metal underneath. I have quite a collection of aluminum tabs. I set the Mojave and my Compadre to barely reject these tabs. I put tabs 2 inches from a dime and both sounded off on the dime. I kept moving the tabs closer: same result. Eventually, I piled a bunch of different tabs including beaver tails on top and around the the dime. Both detectors beeped. I removed the dime from the pile and the two detectors were both quieter than a mouse. This freaked me out! Granted, the dime was about the same level as the tabs but the tabs were piled on top.

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Love the Mojave. I had not had it out in awhile so last week I hit a camping area at a lake I hit last year with an AT Pro. I pulled almost five dollars in change and a large plated ring 95% of these finds were deep enough I suspect I missed them last year. The Mojave is my go to machine for the Tot lots too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions