Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2287.JPG IMG_2284.JPG
Yesterday I tried out my new Vaquero!
Iā€™m a bit perplexed by it due to Iā€™m a vdi deus guy but one thing is for sure. This thing is shockingly deep. I pulled a pencil eraser metal piece at 10 inches super tuned!

Also at this old football field I pulled at least 15 pull tops. Someone cherry picked this place and left all the midtones. Wish I would have scored gold!

My current method of hunting is GB the unit, than super tune. Turn it past iron before nickle a bit. And dig it all! Itā€™s a nice unit and glad I picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1519290 View attachment 1519291 View attachment 1519292
Yesterday I tried out my new Vaquero!
Iā€™m a bit perplexed by it due to Iā€™m a vdi deus guy but one thing is for sure. This thing is shockingly deep. I pulled a pencil eraser metal piece at 10 inches super tuned!

Also at this old football field I pulled at least 15 pull tops. Someone cherry picked this place and left all the midtones. Wish I would have scored gold!

My current method of hunting is GB the unit, than super tune. Turn it past iron before nickle a bit. And dig it all! Itā€™s a nice unit and glad I picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaquero is really good at discing out trash if you decide not to super tune/ dig it all. And still deep enough to find old goodies.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Not supertuned with the thresh just slightly buzzing in your headphones can get shockingly deep in good soil, too.
I hit a tiny pocket stud off a small pair of kid's jeans in some tot lot chips once not supertuned and using the standard concentric coil.
That thing was stable and clear and almost 12" deep.
Plus the pinpoint button works and you can tell a lot about depth of targets by the sound of the tone not supertuned.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a heck of a machine. As you use it more and get better with it post more pics with your finds!
Seems like everyone that uses the Vaquero is impressed with it's performance.....good luck! :icon_thumright:

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not supertuned with the thresh just slightly buzzing in your headphones can get shockingly deep in good soil, too.
I hit a tiny pocket stud off a small pair of kid's jeans in some tot lot chips once not supertuned and using the standard concentric coil.
That thing was stable and clear and almost 12" deep.
Plus the pinpoint button works and you can tell a lot about depth of targets by the sound of the tone not supertuned.

That's how to run it generally for sure. And yes you can get more information using that vco pinpoint button. Love the Vaquero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread