The Vaquero....this Tesoro made me smile today!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did. I bought a Vaquero. Unboxed it this morning and was able to set it up and swing a little in the yard this afternoon. Set the threshold. It ground balanced easily. Then started swinging and playing with the discrimination as I passed over targets. Not much there as my yard is very clean for the most part. But I did realize pretty quickly that this machine appears to have good discrimination. I'm a bit under-the-weather with a little dose of bronchitis at the moment; but I may have to venture out into the "treasure fields" somewhere nearby in the morning. If its only for a little while. I really like this Vaquero!

IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0254.JPG

I also got the 5.75" concentric for the arsenal.
I honestly had a smile on my face the whole time I was using this machine....I'm gonna love it! :laughing7:

Last edited:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A remarkable machine, my first "real" detector and we had hundreds of fun hours together.
The standard coil is great and can get deep.
I hit a tiny pocket stud off of a kid's pair of jeans at almost 12" in some tot lot chips once with it...not supertuned.

The bigger 11" DD coil covers a lot of ground and as all coils mounted on this thing it is faaast...and you don't miss much.
Literally jogging around a big area in a park near the end of a hunt swinging that coil super fast in a large arc looking for one more Hail Mary good signal I got one thanks to that speed and long scanning field.
14k wedding ring, paid for that big coil with this one at melt price.

photostudio_1511700709092.jpg

The small concentric probably was my favorite hunting in trash and iron infested sites that I tend to do.
Can be shockingly deep and is very sensitive.
On only my second or third hunt with that coil I took it to a college near my home to hunt a series of trashy parking lot dividers that I hunted a lot and found a bunch of coins and jewelry before but wandered into this huge area with that small coil just as a lark.
Again moving way too fast I hit tiny gold, a solid, stable beautiful signal that sounded way too good to pass by.

[video=youtube_share;FhPT55m2TOM]https://youtu.be./FhPT55m2TOM[/video]

Have fun and find a ton....you really don't have a choice but you will see.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I could only have one metal detector, the Vaquero would be my choice!

Attachments

• IMG-20130811-00776.jpg
    IMG-20130811-00776.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Tired Rooster

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Struggling with being sick still, but I could not let the morning go without heading out with the Vaquero. I stayed very close to home and managed about an hour hunt at a local school. I really am going to enjoy this machine. Of course I spent the majority of the time getting used to how it sounded on various targets along with thumbing the discrimination a lot to see how well it discriminated out certain targets. Very pleased! Found that pull tabs can be pretty much avoided if you so desire not to dig them. I dug plenty simply because I didn't want to miss a good target in the lower conductivity range....gold. The coins.....a quarter, one clad penny, two copper and one dime were all at depths ranging from 4-5 inches. Each of them very solid audio and continued so at max disc. Each time I thought..." now thats a coin". And it was! The only thing that can sure nuff fool you are those old bottle caps. Thats ok though. One of the copper pennies was pulled out of a hole with a wire and a small rusted away screw. It gave a very strong signal at max disc. one direction and a somewhat choppy tone from another. Moving the coil over it from several directions and again thumbing the disc. told me "coin." And it was. So in all 5 coins, a button and plenty of the usual trash.

IMG_0263.JPG

First venture out on a very short hunt and I am very happy. It made me smile again today!
T.R.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another 20-25 hours listening to it on the headphones, and you'll recognize the scratchy sound on the end of the signal when it's a pulltab - not a ring. Aluminum Bottle Caps take at least as long to "hear" because the Vaq LOVES them. My record, discriminating at just below Nickel, is about 13" deep. They sound just like Big silver!! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions