Tejon Falsing

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a problem with my Tejon. It works just like it is supposed to except when I lay it down to dig a target, it starts beeping in my ears. If I pick the detector up with the box a foot off the ground, it stops. It has done it in the past a few times but then works fine for a while. It was doing it today for a whole 4 hour hunt. There were overhead power lines when I started but I was 100 yards away from the wires and it was still doing it. Batteries are new, coil cover was removed and cleaned, Coil wire is taped to shaft at bottom and tightly wrapped all the way up. It did this at the same site for the last three visits but has worked fine at the same site several times before. I did hit another site in between visits and no falsing. It is making me crazier than normal. Thanks

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A notable fact here is that Steve and I weren't very far apart, and my Tejon was not falsing.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lifting the box stopped the falsing? Coil didn't seem to have any effect on it?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call the factory and tell them what is happening. It sounds like EMI, but it could be the coil wire connection, or any number of things. Good Luck!:skullflag:

RSF

Sep 8, 2017
OK
Detector(s) used
All kinds but I always seem to have a White's and a Tesoro around so I guess those are my go to brands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a few Tejons and the older ones seem to be a bit noisier compared to the later manufactured ones in my opinion. I have a Tesoro 25th Anniversary model and it is a little chattery but has always worked great but it started to do something like what you are speaking of and found out it just needed retuned. The difference was that this time the noise was more erratic. The noise would come and go or not go away with a sens adjustment so I knew something was up with it. Check your cell phone/pinpointer also, have had other people with items that made my detector act weird.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Something to think about.

Steve, was this the first time you've hunted in near proximity of another Tejon?

While mine wasn't falsing, maybe mine was affecting yours?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a few Tejons and the older ones seem to be a bit noisier compared to the later manufactured ones in my opinion. I have a Tesoro 25th Anniversary model and it is a little chattery but has always worked great but it started to do something like what you are speaking of and found out it just needed retuned. The difference was that this time the noise was more erratic. The noise would come and go or not go away with a sens adjustment so I knew something was up with it. Check your cell phone/pinpointer also, have had other people with items that made my detector act weird.

Welcome to T-Net! :skullflag: :occasion14:

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was falsing the two trips up before you got yours. I thought about the pinpointer, but it did it when the pinpointer was on or off. Lifting the box made it stop. The coil could be laying flat on the ground or on edge, made no difference. I have thought about the coil wire connection. I will try a different coil next time.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the Tejon back out today at a new site with power lines all across the front. I still have the same coil on it and not one single false signal when laying on the ground. DeepseekerADS was there with his Tejon and another friend was using my Compadre. I will take it back to the previous site soon and see if it is still doing it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder if there are underground cables at the other spot (kinda like an electric dog fence)? Quite the mystery!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, No underground wires close to where we were. Always been crazy,Going Crazier.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sensitivity makes no difference. CRAZIER By The Minute.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This had happened at other sites in the past but hasn't happened in a while until recently. I'm wondering if Interstellar Aliens might have an underground fortress built nearby.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth. I have a whole line of Tesoro detectors i use and the Tejon is the only one who start falsing ore going bananas when i have my Deteknix pinpoiner close to it.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For what it's worth. I have a whole line of Tesoro detectors i use and the Tejon is the only one who start falsing ore going bananas when i have my Deteknix pinpoiner close to it.

When powered on or off too?

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How high do you run the sensitivity....?

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use headphones, sensitivity is usually at 7 but made no difference if lowered. I have a Garrett AT pinpointer, but it falsed when pinointer was off. Cellphone was in my pocket but turned off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions