Tesoro technology

titan 9000

Greenie
Jan 8, 2017
ohio
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola mod.;titan 9000;minelab xterra705 gold plus plugger straight rod 5 coils;nokta pointer;sunray pro gold headphones;sunspot scoop;whites digger',Fisher F-pulse pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bonzododa71

May 31, 2017
Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T-9000 , I have a Tesoro Tejon , and have been detecting for 46 years. For me this machine has been the best I don't miss a thing with it. You can actually by a book about it and the Vaquero with very good detail for its use, it is also very light.......HH.....Bonz

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had most of the major brands. My primary machine is an XP Deus, however, I grab my Vaquera when I'm in wide open spaces. Works really well. No VDI on it, but with a dual discrimination circuit, mid swing I use a finger to flip a toggle and have a solid dig or no dig scenario.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too sure exactly what you mean by repackaged tech or new vs. old. But Tesoro builds and has built high quality machines that work extremely well. I own a few Tesoro's and recently purchased a Vaquero. I can tell you that the Vaquero is an excellent machine for the types of hunting that you listed. No VDI, but has excellent discrimination. In 2-3 weeks of swinging the Vaq I found coins, relics and a silver ring. Good luck!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a conquistador off Craigslist for $125.00. Heck, I spent $149.00 for a pinpointer!

I can take my conquistador out and swing all day it's so darn light. It is a coin magnet too. Dug 8" pennies with it. All what you want. Newer doesn't always mean better. I see people on here swingin OLD tesoros, fishers, whites ect and digging the good stuff.

The thing is now you can buy a mojave which is a great machine for only $250.00 brand new. That's just one example. Sometimes buying old isn't always cost effective unless it's super cheap. JMO.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aside from manufacturers trying to make VLF technology new and exciting, nothing has changed since the 1980s. Oh sure, more bells and whistles and pretty designs, but the technology remains the same. Jack Gifford, was one of the great VLF designers. His designs are still some of the best 25-years on. Simple, rugged, light, and most of all, effective! :skullflag:

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems that most people could be possibly turned off by seeing that Tesoro's have a tiny little box for the electronics. Wern't they the first company to do away with "lunchbox" style detectors? Anywho, I think Tesoro must be doing something right if they havent changed their products. Heck, my Vaquero that I use is still spot on. I forgot how long I've had it until the other day when I looked at the serial number and it had a 25th anniversary tag on the underside lol. Lastly, I see how good a company is by seeing what is for sale in the classifieds section. You don't see many Tesoro's come up for sale, and if you do, they sell pretty fast!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge control boxes and huge batteries are so 1990. Technology has moved on. Some manufacturers haven't gotten the message yet.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best finds have been found with Tesoro detectors.

tabman

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a fair few tesoro machines over the years and also minelabs, but I always come back to tesoro,
You just cannot beat them for their technology and the way they find really great stuff.

Bleep and dig is all you need!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I also like my XP Deus but in really hot dirt, the Tesoros with the big coils will go deeper. They will not discriminate as well as the Deus however.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, I also like my XP Deus but in really hot dirt, the Tesoros with the big coils will go deeper. They will not discriminate as well as the Deus however.

DEUS should spank most tesoros considering the price tag though.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DEUS should spank most tesoros considering the price tag though.

They should, but they don't. Arizona Proud, Arizona Tough - Tesoro! :skullflag:

Attachments

• TesoroGold 001.jpg
    TesoroGold 001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a tesero golden sabre II back in they day and did quite well with it.
Always wanted to try a Cortes but was hoping they would add tones to it but they never did except in the SUM mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

titan 9000

Greenie
Jan 8, 2017
ohio
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola mod.;titan 9000;minelab xterra705 gold plus plugger straight rod 5 coils;nokta pointer;sunray pro gold headphones;sunspot scoop;whites digger',Fisher F-pulse pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought a Cibola!

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Titan! I have had one of those for a while, and the Cibola is an excellent performer. If you wanted to after a while, you can get in contact with Keith Southern. He can add a ground balance on there for ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions