Joining the church of the compadre

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Prey is right, it is an apex hunter with no mercy.
I also have the older 7" coil version and love it.
The coil is big enough to make me feel I am covering a decent amount of ground and yet in areas with heavy iron or trash infestation it still acts like the smallest sniper coil and can pick though any site successfully.
Have fun.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone clue you in on the secret handshake and pass words? :thumbsup:

Attachments

• terryshake.jpg
    terryshake.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 97

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prey is right, it is an apex hunter with no mercy.
I also have the older 7" coil version and love it.
The coil is big enough to make me feel I am covering a decent amount of ground and yet in areas with heavy iron or trash infestation it still acts like the smallest sniper coil and can pick though any site successfully.
Have fun.

What I have been wondering-, the old compare has a differently arranged circuit board I have seen on the forums. Therefore, is it basically a different machine? Slightly different capabilities? Disc exactly the same? Depth the same? Sensitivity, Speed, etc?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I have been wondering-, the old compare has a differently arranged circuit board I have seen on the forums. Therefore, is it basically a different machine? Slightly different capabilities? Disc exactly the same? Depth the same? Sensitivity, Speed, etc?

I think another term is "updated circuitry," for the Compadre, allowing for slightly more power to the coil and even better discrimination in a slightly smaller board. :skullflag:

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

It has been said by a few that the older models might be a bit hotter, sparkier I think was the word used by Keith Southern, but all are close I believe.
All are hyper sensitive, all do the double beep thing to find targets next to big metal the same no matter which version or coil, the depth might be slightly different between many different ones but the difference is probably negligible.

After using mine for many hours I don't believe the 7" coil is actually the same as the 7" coil on my Mojave.
The wires don't seem to be placed all the way out near the edge but more inside 1/2-3/4" so in reality it might be very close to the 5.75" coil that eventually became standard.
Still got me 6-7" in depth in good soil, however.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Terry,

I am still waiting for the secret handshake for the Tesoro Outlaw and Tejon. :dontknow:

Regards,

Doc

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As many here know I am not the biggest Tesoro fan, but there is something 'magical' about that little Compadre! Had some great finds with mine (5.75" coil) and it will find the tiniest jewelry! Happy Hunting with the new machine, it may well surprise you!
Well a happy new member is joining me and it's the compadre.
Managed to find one with the 7inch coil in good condition.

So let's all prey!

Bleeping and digging bless us all.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As many here know I am not the biggest Tesoro fan, but there is something 'magical' about that little Compadre! Had some great finds with mine (5.75" coil) and it will find the tiniest jewelry! Happy Hunting with the new machine, it may well surprise you!

Atomic!!!!!!!! Where have you been? Missed you man! :headbang::BangHead::thumbsup::hello2::occasion14:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry! Missed you too! I had a stressful couple of years, put digging on the back burner, but i am getting back at it. Good to see you here, still fighting the good fight brother! Making America Detect again!

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one with the smaller coil I had got it just for a super trashy area I was not disappointed this little thing is a beast finds the smallest of relics.

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found most of the jewelry I have found with a 5.75" compadre. I wouldn't take $250 for mine. I haven't used it this year, I think I'll get it out again if it ever warms up. They really just can't be beat.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First machine that I will be out in the early spring thaw! The trusty Compadre I am using the 8" and going back to the Vaquero 5.75 mostly this year, hope to hear more from my worthy Compadre and Vaquero beholders. Welcome to the church of Tesoro by the way, you will soon to find yourself owning more!

Cheers. :coffee2:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol it's funny you say that doggoneit, because I will bet with myself dollars to donuts that the compade or Mojave will be my first unit I take out once it thaws here in Michigan lol. Most likely the comPadre because I'm so comfortable with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions