Silver umax coil upgrade

latham

Jan 8, 2018
milford kansas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, tesoro silver umax, tesoro outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had heard that critique before I bought the outlaw and have never touched that button because of it. If I understand it correctly though, switching the toggle into "auto" resets the machine if one does hit that button.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Would like to see a pic of both 8" coils.

g

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do hit the button in all metal non retune, you reset the tune by hold coil up in front of you and pressing retune button.
In disc, if you press button halfway by holding half thumb on the bezel around the button and half press, it's in non retune and push all the way retunes (acts same in half press as all metal no motion and fully pressed works like retune button in all metal no motion mode.)
In essen e, while staying in disc you can use it like the all metal no motion mode or like the fast auto retune all metal (pinpoint) without flipping switch
Until you understand the button it seems difficult to understand.
You can also use it like a pinpoint button in disc by just fully pressing it.
The auto mode you can use the switch for is a slow retune all metal.
I don't use all the abilities of the button but it is pressy cool what you can do with it all the while staying in disc mode.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remembered; even though I’d sold my Outlaw with an 8” donut a while back, I did have another white 8” donut here.
So, pictures of both to compare. This is an older glossy label brown donut, but the same as later ones other than label. Thickness looks the same to me and I find no difference in their tune.
Both pictured here without COVERS, which may account for someone else's looking thinner/thicker (?).

Attachments

• 988CCEF9-85AC-4953-9FD8-698429B49BB9.jpeg
    988CCEF9-85AC-4953-9FD8-698429B49BB9.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 58
  • EFBF26C8-7AE2-4B34-8BBB-7292099DA021.jpeg
    EFBF26C8-7AE2-4B34-8BBB-7292099DA021.jpeg
    910 KB · Views: 57

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread