Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone
Reading through the post's it would seem that the vaquero is in pole position, but what about the other tesoro detectors.

I myself think the compadre is a clear winner just from the shear technology put into a simple package.
The first time I had one many years ago I never really got it, but now I do.

Surely we have to have more than one tesoro detector in our collection for a reason?

Bleeping and digging

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro machines are like golf clubs. Each is designed to do a specific job, all can do most jobs well. Having three or more Tesoro machines, is sort of like having a cross-trained commando team hurting to find treasure for you. :skullflag:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of hunting do you do most?

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The best Tesoro detector is the one that you get intimately familiar with. Know it like the back of your hand. It will talk to you....listen.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tend to do coin and jewelery, but coins are my thing.

I would steer you to the Outlaw 3-coil Package for coin and jewelry hunting. Slightly lower kHz than the Vaquero, so a bit better on coin-sized targets at depth. :skullflag:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to do coin and jewelery, but coins are my thing.

What is your budget? That ALWAYS affects your final decission.
F290E956-8C76-41F1-82AB-1F618AC7464E.jpeg

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having used only a vaquero for the past 5 summers. If I were to buy another Tesoro, it would be a tejon. Though, that Golden Mask 4WD looks real good, has decent reviews, and has the features some of us think Tesoro should have certainly come out with by now in a detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Outlaw is killer for coins and jewelry? Of all my machines, it's the best for that job in the select areas I use it in: Playgrounds, Sports fields, School yards and Parks! :icon_thumleft:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the outlaw. Like it's father, the bandido II micromax, it's the best coin and jewelry machine they offer that's still in production. The ED120 disc will block small iron even at minimum. It was designed for coin and jewelry hunting.
Don't get me wrong, the compadre and the ed180 it had is still great as are most all tesoros at whatever you need. But as Terry said, some are more geared towards certain things than others. All will do the job but some just make it "that much better".
For different types of hunting you will get that many different answers.
Some will say that the vaquero will do the best in all hunting. Some others will say the tejon.
If budget isn't an issue, I've had GREAT luck with my Deleon with it tuned to my Troy super 7 coil with coin and jewelry.
In the end it's all subjective but I will say that for coin and jewelry, the outlaw was made for that. It was based on the bandido II micromax circuitry which most say is the best coin and jewelry machine Tesoro ever made. Others will say it's the best machine they ever made.
I know I have a way of answering without an answer, but the truth is it's all subjective. Some are comfortable with one more than the other. :-)

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outlaw, or a Bandido 2 umax if you can find one :)

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting the outlaw won't leave you wanting lewy. There are small differences but functionally it's the closest to the bandido II micromax you can get and don't worry, the button isn't as bad as people make it out to be. To me it's actually pretty awesome feature

OP
OP
L

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey
That was strange read your post about outlaw, looked on line and bagged a second hand one from a detector shop.
So it's in the post.

Thanks guys

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Hope you enjoy it!!!
Be sure to download the manual and read the function of the button. It's not terribly difficult to understand but I've read many get confused by it. :-)

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that comment was when he was asking about the bandido II micromax, and I said outlaw won't leave you wanting if that's the detector he wanted.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Outlaw is my favorite of the ones I have tried. I like to search an old town dump from the 1930's. I find more goodies with my Compadre than my Teknetics T2. Is deeper always better?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread