doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I have read lots about too about nickels and Tesoros' for me I have not have the run of luck to land to many nickels later last year, maybe that will change this year for me.

OP
OP
D

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timecop67, I wondered about the 7 inch widescan also. I'm gonna look for that video but maybe you can post a link.

luvsdux and doggoneitdignit, I dug the most nickels ever the other day with the Mojave at the same school I found all that stuff in the original post. I think I left with 14 nickels and only a couple quarters, dimes and pennies each. I would say someone was already back there pulling out those coins and left the nickels. I found 1 silver at that school so maybe they were looking only for silver. I think Tesoros get more nickels because you don't have a VDI to look at. Some nickels on the AT Pro ring in solid at 50/51 and others like some war nickels I tested rang in at 53. Those numbers are the same as pull tabs so I bet people just leave the nickels because they don't want to dig the tabs. I learned from my Mojave that if you don't dig it, you'll never know what's making your detector beep. Sometimes its trash and sometimes it treasure. It got me an 18k gold band the other day!

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Mojave seems to be hotter on the nickel and gold signals....when I air test the Mojave,nickels hit harder and air test deeper... then silver and copper.
I get 9" on a air test with a nickel...silver quarters and dimes about 8" to 7.5"...gold rings are around the same as the nickel....

Cheers Whimp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread