Any whispers of a 2018 model from Tesoro?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might have to look into that, thanks.

I don't have either but from specs and what I've read, if shopping for a wireless module to use your own headphones to make them wireless, the Garrett z lynk have twice the battery life on a charge as the deteknix but Garrett doesn't offer a product with their own headphones. But if you're going to use your own phones and make them wireless, they both seem to perform identical however the battery life of the z lynks is far superior from what I've read.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the Garrett system on my Vaquero. It works great...but...I’m on my 4th transmitter. If you buy the Garrett, make sure you buy new and have warranty. You will probably need it.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the Garrett system on my Vaquero. It works great...but...I’m on my 4th transmitter. If you buy the Garrett, make sure you buy new and have warranty. You will probably need it.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Definitely makes the decision merit more thought. My previous comment was made never having heard of this issue. Before this I have never heard of either model having any issues

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I leave the transmitter in the hot garage it will kill it. I’ve proven that. Now I make sure I bring it into the air conditioned house when not in use. The specs say it’s good up to 60 degrees C but I think it dies at 40 degrees C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread