Question about Tejon’s VCO discriminate mode...

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the threshold come into play when using the VCO in discriminate mode? Or is the disc mode in VCO a silent search mode?

I am wondering if any of the Tesoros allow you the option to hunt in disc with a threshold hum, thought perhaps the VCO in discriminate mode with the Tejon might do that...:icon_scratch:

Or are all the discriminate modes on all the Tesoros “silent search”?

OP
OP
H

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Just found the answer to my own question, the Manuel states that threshold only works in the all metal mode. Perhaps some Tejon users can confirm?

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My understanding is that discrimination with the Tejon is always silent, even when the Tone switch is clicked into VCO mode. You'll only hear the VCO tones when you go into all-metal mode (e.g., by pulling the trigger toward you).

That said, the Threshold setting affects discrimination mode, even if you don't hear it. The threshold should be set to be a slightly audible hum while in all-metal mode, which will allow deeper targets to sound off, regardless of whether you're in all-metal or discriminate mode.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions