DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a park today to detect. I've been going there and one other place every time I have a chance. I'm determined to find some jewelry with my Mojave so I set it to the "I" in iron and dig every repeatable signal. One time at this park I got a surface signal with my AT Pro and picked up a wheat. I thought it was a little weird but maybe they had turned up the ground or something. Well today gave me a little jolt to the ticker when I dug a nice clean but soft signal and out popped an 1893 Barber dime. When i was removing the dirt to see what it was I saw the wreath on the back and knew I had something good. This is my first Barber and the first silver for the year. Later I was heading back to the car and got a good signal (when I say good I mean a solid repeatable beep in both directions doing the X) I've been noticing that if I get a good signal and then dig the plug and run the coil over the plug and the signal breaks, it's usually trash. That's kind of what happened with this one but it wasn't as bad so since I had the plug out I thought I'd see what it was. I think it's some sort of silver jewelry, but I'm not sure what it could have been, I was thinking an earring but there's no post. It was bent and rolled over onto itself so I think that's why the signal broke up. Here are some pics...I love this thing!!!

IMG_20180328_173404.jpg
IMG_20180328_173421.jpg

IMG_20180328_180139_01~2.jpg

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How far down did you pick up those finds?

OP
OP
D

DukeBoxer

Feb 3, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave and Compadre
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the funny thing, I dug that barber at about 5-6 inches, walked a couple feet and dug a zinc at about the same depth. I think that's where the clay layer starts and everything sits right on top of it. The silver jewelry thing was maybe 2-3 inches. I cleaned it and its marked 925 OVD with a copyright sign next to it. I have no clue what it is and I don't think its an earring any more.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions