OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it all works out for you. I'm just getting back into detecting and I only have one machine now, my Outlaw which I love.
I feel naked having only one machine lol

Yea it's always good to have a back-up even if it's an entry level machine , I hope yr Outlaw keeps running as long as possible.
Good Day.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely let us know what Tesoro says about your machine. My curiousity is peaked!!

Will do.
The lady called yesterday a 6.45 est but I missed it , she said the Machine was registered under a different name???
& wanted the $50 . 'I understand that.'
but
I sent it in before & they mailed it back to me.?
Also the Man I bought it from informed me "he never sent in the warranty card". hmmm

Ill give them a call between 10 and 12 Pacific .

Let you know what they say if they know yet ,but i'm guessing they have not checked it out til I send the CC $50.

We shall see.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick Update.
I gave Tesoro the $50 service fee on around 2 EST , & now it's Saturday July 14th , I still have not heard back from them.

Last time I sent in the Machine 2014 , I paid the $50 & Rusty called me back later that day telling me the machines problem.

Guess I was expecting the same standards in 2018 . ???

Again "we shall see".

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering

:icon_scratch:

It's been a week since Tesoro got my $50 & not a Word ! from them. :BangHead:

I don't think they are super busy but that's just my 'guess'.

Ill shut up. 8-)

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.41 pm EST, Friday July 20 .:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::dontknow::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update.

I just talked to the Lady at Tesoro a moment ago 7. EST

I called them , she checked and said it was mailed back to me on Monday the 23rd .

So I hope all is well , It cost me no extra $ ..That's Cool:icon_thumright:

IMO
It was likely something simple , being that the machine would not power on with any of the 2 loops & worked fine a week before .

She did not have info on the problem but I will let everyone know what it was if anyone wants to know.
Davers:coffee2:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The key is to not leave it in the trunk. Especially in hot weather or cold as well. Good luck.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key is to not leave it in the trunk. Especially in hot weather or cold as well. Good luck.

I never leave my machines in the car or trunk over-night or for long periods of Cold or heat, It quit working back in April & we had a longer Winter Season but temps were around 50-70 o FWIW .

Good info tho.
Thanks ;Davers

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Davers,

How is the machine working?

Doc

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Davers,

Doc
Hello Davers,

Doc

Doc & THIMC
I received the machine & both coils (just confirmed they were both there) on late Friday eve on July 27.

There has been a-lot of things going on in life lately so I just opened the box to confirm the coils & get the receipt out explaining the issue.

I do believe it says Sean Scott was the tech.

Mr . Scott stated "We found both your coils to be out of tune, phone jack was loose" ; (I used to have to hand tighten the small nut on the HP jack / used a small wrench a couple times , but it seemed to loosen up again fairly quickly, also I never wanted to 'Over Tighten it') .." and some leads were broken"

"Both coils were re-tuned and Tejon was calibrated to the 9 X 8 coil. After all repairs your Tejon passed several bench test.
Happy Hunting"

Also on the 'claim check' it states " Tighten phone jack- re-solder broken leads- Re-tune both coils , Re-calibrate to 9 X 8 coil. Final test Good 7/23 ..Sean"

All that said , I'm happy with the out-come & have faith the Tejon will work ( heck it worked pretty good with out of tune coils LOL). We got a Flash Flood Watch for 24 hours starting tomorrow but it has rained 4 inches at my home since 5 pm yesterday & there is a light rain now with heavy rain in the area, Hope to put it together & see how it works asap.

Ill let y'all know how it goes.

All & all I'm happy with Tesoro's Work , just wish it did not take as long as it did or got a call telling me the situation.

If it was my only machine the wait would have been worse .

As long as it work as good as it did before it quit I'm Happy.

Tesoro is still a worthy Company IMO.
Davers

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Davers
Nice to hear something positive about Tesoro.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davers
Nice to hear something positive about Tesoro.

My experience with their service dept. has been excellent.
Nothing bad to say about Tesoro - they seem to be a good bunch of folks. Their detectors may not be the most modern but they do work well, and Tesoro stands behind their product.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
My experience with their service dept. has been excellent.
Nothing bad to say about Tesoro - they seem to be a good bunch of folks. Their detectors may not be the most modern but they do work well, and Tesoro stands behind their product.

I've never heard any really negative experiences with Tesoro just tidbits of changes within the company recently. I really hope moving forward they continue the way they have been.
With Tesoro you get the best bang for your buck by a landslide.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davey,

Glad to see all is well and things worked out for you as Tesoro got ya all fixed up. Now you can stop stressing so much... Wow, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!!! LOL Take care, God Bless and HH...

"D"

P.S. Thanks for the info earlier in your text, now I can stop stressing!!! LOL

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davey,

Glad to see all is well and things worked out for you as Tesoro got ya all fixed up. Now you can stop stressing so much... Wow, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!!! LOL Take care, God Bless and HH...

"D"

P.S. Thanks for the info earlier in your text, now I can stop stressing!!! LOL

No problem Man.

I just wish that I was better a explaining all the 'Tech' stuff.

I'm sure you recall , but the lifetime warranty is not transferable .

That said $50 to have a 15 + year old machine fixed & re-tuned was a good deal.

IMO When you get to know it , you should be happy, still wish I had a Sniper Coil tho.
A Blessed day to you as well ,with much relaxation.
Davers

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arizona Proud, Arizona Tough! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• TesoroGold 002.jpg
    TesoroGold 002.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 55
  • geek3.jpg
    geek3.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 52

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No problem Man.

I just wish that I was better a explaining all the 'Tech' stuff.

I'm sure you recall , but the lifetime warranty is not transferable .

That said $50 to have a 15 + year old machine fixed & re-tuned was a good deal.

IMO When you get to know it , you should be happy, still wish I had a Sniper Coil tho.
A Blessed day to you as well ,with much relaxation.
Davers

Davey,

I appreciate all the info you provided on the Tejon, your comment and advise as well as the same from others really convinced me to get one, however as my luck goes, I just sold enough things and had the money to buy it, but when I got home from church today, I go to my emails to contact the seller and pull the trigger, but instead there's an email from the seller of the Tejon advising me it just sold!!!

Oh well, it is what it is, hopefully another one will come along that's in as good of shape and as reasonably priced as the one I was going to buy, but until then i'll just keep on looking and hoping... Thanks again everyone for all ya help...

"D"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread