Sellers Remorse

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you sell it on ebay? If so thank you for the vaquero!

OP
OP
goodtimecharlie

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes Sir, You have my Vaquero I hope you have as much fun with it as I have had.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a dose of reality about technology.

I've owned some awesome high tech machines - still in my stable. Yeah, the monstrous CTX, and others dating to the 80's. And YES I have an EQ800 on order.

I took the lowly Tesoro Tejon out today - only lasted about 20 minutes due to the heat - got a whole too pennies and retreated in the face of sunstroke.

I've thousands of hours on the CTX, Etrac, the lower evolutions. But I found my first gold in 30 years using the Tejon.

Really it's about getting over the target and choosing to dig it.

We shouldn't complicate what we're doing. I hated my ACE250 - but it would have found everything I've found in the dirt. As for water - that's a whole different universe...

I do love my Excal - I can't drown it and it is very deep and capable.

Learn to trust whatever machine you are using, and then choose where you wish to go from there.

Moral of the story, I've spent far more than most seeking the best, and using them. Once upon a time I had the bucks to do that.

Now I'm retired and most often on the dirt I use a capable beep & dig machine.

That's just the way life and love evolves -

My very honest opinion.

,.sounds like a man that has done some detecting,..........and some living. Words of wisdom right there.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
,.sounds like a man that has done some detecting,..........and some living. Words of wisdom right there.

Thanks for the comment. In that post I just portrayed my experience. It really is about just getting comfortable with your own very capable machine - what ever machine you choose.

One can spend a whole lot of money in this hobby. I've done that. I really have no regrets about any choice I made at the time as I was "entertained" in many ways. I just like to hear solid sounds in at least two directions and it's a dig or a scoop.

Stay safe out there - and most of all stay wise.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"if it's a sickness, I don't want to be well" hahaha
It's a healthy sickness until you break in cemeteries or dig up the police station lawn....:dontknow:

Wait, it's wrong to detect in cemeteries? Gives me an idea to pitch to the just for laughs crew.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DeepseekerADS you nailed it. The target has to be there to begin with and we have to choose to dig even the iffy targets.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS you nailed it. The target has to be there to begin with and we have to choose to dig even the iffy targets.

Thanks Smokey, maybe somebody just has to tell the truth here, and just maybe prevent the expensive detector merry-go-round I went on always looking for something better.

In the end I actually found the simpler approach. You've two good ones in your listed stable - stick with both of them and you will always win.

Actually my friend = you've completely demonstrated that over and over :)

Maybe it's not so DEEP after all!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone who is going to listen to terry, well, you may as well give up( stick your head in the oven)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Smokey, maybe somebody just has to tell the truth here, and just maybe prevent the expensive detector merry-go-round I went on always looking for something better.

In the end I actually found the simpler approach. You've two good ones in your listed stable - stick with both of them and you will always win.

Actually my friend = you've completely demonstrated that over and over :)

Maybe it's not so DEEP after all!

I like the way you put it - expensive detector merry go round. A $100 machine can do as well as a $2000 machine, for real. And if all else fails, chuck all the machines and get a big shovel! That's what we do sometimes. Also for real.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My viewpooint is "anything worth having is worth having two or more of." No law against keeping several detectors.
luvsdux

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't we just get rid of and quit buying American made detectors and just buy superior foreign made ones? Sure they still find wonderful things and support American workers but they are obviously obsolete because they have not updated every year like the foreign ones. All that is going to be left is iron, tabs and can slaw anyway. I can foresee a foreign detector that will see through iron, fly by itself, dig only what you want and report your finds to your iPhone while you sit at home and watch TV. Even if it is made by Isis terrorists, isn't that what you want? [SARC] Sorry but I love to get away with my "obsolete" American detectors and I actually find some pretty neat things. What would it be like if Tesoro, First Texas, Whites and Garrett all closed down? Would foreign detectors still always be available?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread