Whats up with Tesoro?

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One perk of hunting with the multi tone golden is you can run the discrimination wide open. Doing that increases the depth considerably and improves the overall tone ID quality.

If I'm running it WITH discrimination and I swing over a sketchy signal, I can turn down the discrimination and hear the tone solidify. I can't ever do that with a single tone Tesoro. Just sayin.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run my single tone Tesoros at lowest discrimination almost all the time, the Compadre maybe to make small nails click. If I am looking for coins or rings, I ignore sketchy signals. If I am looking for relics, I dig even the sketchy ones. I like surprises and do not want my detector telling me not to dig. I've had small ear rings disc out before foil. With my multitone machines, I don't pay attention to iron grunts and would have missed them. The Compadre gave a good "round" signal so I dug anyway. To each, his own, but listening is the key. That's what I'm trying to say!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is right where they want to be. With about a dozen other companies to compete with, they are in a world of their own. Small, light, effective detectors with great depth. They started to go digital like others, but backed off when digital electronics were more susceptible to problems from IC than they wanted to pursue. This, in part, was for them to still be able to offer a lifetime warranty on their products. They have taken the "if it ain't broken, why fix it" approach.

The more bells and whistles, the more to go wrong. Units like the Tejon can still hold it's own against any digital masterpiece offered in the world today, with a lifetime warranty to boot. Tesoro still stands alone in that respect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread