Bandidio II µMax at the beach?

VaGlock

Sep 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have this one detector, it works great at home. I was wondering what I might expect at the beach (NC). It has the original 8" coil. This will be my first attempt, not expecting Sand Shark / Tiger Shark results, but don't want to spend a lot of time if this machine is not capable. Anyone have any experience with this Tesoro on the beach?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from Niagara Falls. I think it will do just fine if you stay on the dry sand. I don’t know if it’s a waterproof detector. Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will work well at all in the wet sand, will be okay in the dry sand.

OP
OP
V

VaGlock

Sep 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will work well at all in the wet sand, will be okay in the dry sand.

If I am reading what I think you meant "It will NOT work well at all in the wet sand" is that because of the salt / mineral content?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am reading what I think you meant "It will NOT work well at all in the wet sand" is that because of the salt / mineral content?

Yes, salt is composed metal minerals, detector will think there is metal everywhere, only way is to turn sensitivity way down but doing so loses depth quickly so you end up only hunting a couple inches deep. Gold is denser than sand and sinks till it hits something to stop it from sinking, on beach 99.9% of lost gold is deeper than a couple inches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VaGlock

Sep 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I guess I will work the towel line and see if I can find more than Trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread