luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One may be disc. as well, so be cautious unless you know for certain.
luvsdux

OP
OP
HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also not sure which switch setting is neutral for ground balance

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Man, you can really mess up your detector and make it pretty much unusable if you screw up the wrong setting, specifically the GB or the disc....and on several Tesoro detectors over the years these two settings might be connected and affect each other.
Then you had better understand the process on how exactly to adjust the setting to do it right.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2153639

There have been a few that have added a manual GB and got rid of the toggle but even then there was some guessing involved and close calls that could have bricked the thing...and that is from guys that have experience and know what they are doing.
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2372768,2373207

I have searched around and so far have not seen any post from anyone that has mentioned adjusting the GB on a Mojave by simply adjusting any trim pot.
No pics of the circuit board, no mention from any internal mods except adding the manual GB.
if there is info on this stuff out there I would be curious to see it.

Your detector and your money, if you feel the need to open it up for whatever reason and possibly totally screw it up that is your business.
I would open a Compadre and adjust the sense because that is fairly easy, I wouldn't even attempt to try to go near anything inside the Mojave.
Then again even in my southern mineralized devil dirt my Mojave seems to deal with it fine, good enough anyway, and I figure why mess with a good thing?

Good luck if you attempt this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I was asking if anyone had any experience with it.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for Old Californian on the web. He has a very modified Mojave, ground balance, meter and more and it looks professional. He was discussing what all he did, so if you want someone with experience, try to find his article.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for the website Depth Devil Metal Detector. They can add a ground balance knob for $25. They can also repair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread