Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I foresee certain models commanding high prices. Try to buy a Nautilus DMC2B, or a Shadow X5.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I agree with Carl, models that work and that people enjoy using go up in price in limited markets, not down.
Corporate loyalty is one thing but if tools work, they work and people will still want to enjoy them no matter what.

In our hobby why would you become disgruntled with any tool you like and produces just because things change with the parent company?

Last edited:

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's got me thinking if I should buy a new Compadre now. Always wanted one....lol

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
It's got me thinking if I should buy a new Compadre now. Always wanted one....lol

I got a Mojave last year, traded away my Vaquero to get it and I am very happy about how it works for me, also still have my old 7" Compadre that might be converted to a water unit someday.
Like any product things can go wrong but overall these units are like tanks so I am not really worried about warranties all that much.
They are also the detectors I keep around here just for fun, I have others that I use as my prime tools.
I am happy.
If they do go out of business I think prices will rise on both the popular newer products and the used ones so I would get one while they are still available at these prices.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No way I’m parting with my favorite Tesoros!
Didn’t really need the lifetime warranty anyway - they never seem to have any problems. ^_^

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enough different Tesoro models to last untill i die. But if people begin to dump their Tesoro's and i can buy cheap, why not.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a ton of Tesoros and besides when I first bought them and sent in for tune/checkup, I've never had a issue with mine. Should be good forever.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I foresee a lot of people dumping products at reduced pricing as well as used products from disgruntled former fans, corporate America sucks. What are your thoughts.
The problem is not corporate America, it is consumer America ...Americans want to make big wages for what they do, but pay low prices for the things we make. And the fact that something is made in the USA means nothing to people anymore, especially when it comes to price. This is true in everything from automobiles to metal detectors to guns.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Love my Tejon, bought it used from a friend on TNet. Maybe it's that in the 80's we focused on the sounds, and I never evolved from that era.

When I go to parks and sites, I mostly choose to swing the Tejon over my CTX or the EQ800.

It takes me back to the basics.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I bought another Tesoro but not a Compadre. Got a used but mint looking Silver Umax on Ebay for $150. Might could have gotten it even cheaper but he had 11 watchers and had started at $200. I decided to go with it because I can swap coils with my Mojave if needed.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just bought a new Tesoro Black Tejon and I have no regrets in doing so, it's one heck of a deep seeking relic machine an I'm Loving it... "D"

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a new Tesoro Black Tejon and I have no regrets in doing so, it's one heck of a deep seeking relic machine an I'm Loving it... "D"

I have said it before and will say it again,. I wouldn't trade my Tejon for a new ctx3030 if I couldn't buy another Tejon. For the relic hunting I do, there is no better machine....

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like my tejon for the old cellar holes. Bolt on the 5.75 and you got something in the iron!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have said it before and will say it again,. I wouldn't trade my Tejon for a new ctx3030 if I couldn't buy another Tejon. For the relic hunting I do, there is no better machine....

She's a sweet machine DV, once I learn how to saddle and ride her I'll have it made between her and the CTX... "D"

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like my tejon for the old cellar holes. Bolt on the 5.75 and you got something in the iron!

Thanks for the info, I have the 10" x 5" wide scan but I'm gonna have to get the 5.75 also... "D"

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info, I have the 10" x 5" wide scan but I'm gonna have to get the 5.75 also... "D"

If you do I'd recommend the concentric. People seem to favor it over the DD

Rob e miller

Tenderfoot
Dec 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why pay more for detectors with more features when I see the majority of them digging everything any way .i am happy with my tesoro just bought two new ones last summer they find deep pull tabs and work great so far .

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
if ya learn the 'audio nuances" of a single tone tesoro,you won't need
a "loaded with features" detector,for you will be finding' stuff galore with your little tesoro.
i got the "mojave" and couldn't be happier!..been at it for over 35 years,and had plenty
of "bells and whistles" instruments! tesoros are a 'ton of fun"

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions