Any new info?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also blame YouTube and the "brand pushers" on the forums for causing a lot of guys to jump from new machine to new machine trying to find that "perfect detector.". They never really learn any of them and therefore never find out what any of them are capable of. Charles Garrett made the statement that "it takes around 100 hours to learn a detector and it's capabilities"....a lot of guys will sell a detector if it doesn't produce "banner finds" in the first 30 hours.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So...as of current date 10/18/18..... no more service as well? I was just about to send mine in over coil trouble.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also blame YouTube and the "brand pushers" on the forums for causing a lot of guys to jump from new machine to new machine trying to find that "perfect detector.". They never really learn any of them and therefore never find out what any of them are capable of. Charles Garrett made the statement that "it takes around 100 hours to learn a detector and it's capabilities"....a lot of guys will sell a detector if it doesn't produce "banner finds" in the first 30 hours.

I agree with your last two comments totally. It's just ironic to me because theres more Garrett youtube puppets than ANYTHING else!

People also don't take their time and focuse on their swing or coil control which can make or break any unit out there.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried to call Tesoro? I am going to try tomorrow .....just my luck, my small coil quit working yesterday. It is about a year old. Think maybe a wire has came loose inside coil or connector as it acts like there is no coil attached when it is.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Tesoro today, Vince answered. Told me to send my coil in for repairs. I think a lot of times we tend to assume the worse. We should instead, hope for the best.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not counting them out yet. There's buzz on the internet that somebody has bought Tesoro. Not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, maybe we'll see them come back from the ashes and keep on going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread