Any news on Tesoro?

doglover

Aug 30, 2011
if you stay with a tesoro over time,they MAKE
you a "good" hunter,because you are interpreting
what the detector is telling you! the "audio" is the key.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
I love my Tesoro. Took my Mojave out today to the tot lot, set my disc. right above iron, and dug anything that was a repeatable signal. Found some bling and some clad and a lot of can slaw and pulltabs. Throughly enjoyed it. I was looking at it from the consumer side of the equation. Many consumers today want some indication of what they are digging before they dig it up. Plus many are new to the hobby and want some kind of id. I understand that a lot of you are experienced detectorists that can detect the nuances in the signal as an indication of what's down there, but newcomers are probably not as advanced. I still believe that if they would bring back the idea of the Golden Umax with a manuel ground balance that it would sell like hot cakes to the consumers. I hate to see Tesoro go out of business.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my Tesoro. Took my Mojave out today to the tot lot, set my disc. right above iron, and dug anything that was a repeatable signal. Found some bling and some clad and a lot of can slaw and pulltabs. Throughly enjoyed it. I was looking at it from the consumer side of the equation. Many consumers today want some indication of what they are digging before they dig it up. Plus many are new to the hobby and want some kind of id. I understand that a lot of you are experienced detectorists that can detect the nuances in the signal as an indication of what's down there, but newcomers are probably not as advanced. I still believe that if they would bring back the idea of the Golden Umax with a manuel ground balance that it would sell like hot cakes to the consumers. I hate to see Tesoro go out of business.
When watching vids of experienced guys, they almost never rely on the numbers, the most of them really analyze the tone. Which means they’ve been fooled by the numbers before so they are forced to study the tone. The one tool Tesoro makes you focus on from the beginning. I have been seriously looking at t2’s, f75’s, equinox, Multi Kruzer, and others. Then I watch vids because I want to spend my hard earned dollars the right way. And most of the time I see situations that the vaquero easily handles, so I haven’t done it yet. I think if Tesoro had a 3 tone machine with iron audio and notch and such it would be unstoppable. All I have ever wanted extra from my Tesoro’s is to have a tone for each range.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007

this is true! the 'golden' was a damn fine detector! they let it die! go figure!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
When watching vids of experienced guys, they almost never rely on the numbers, the most of them really analyze the tone. Which means they’ve been fooled by the numbers before so they are forced to study the tone. The one tool Tesoro makes you focus on from the beginning. I have been seriously looking at t2’s, f75’s, equinox, Multi Kruzer, and others. Then I watch vids because I want to spend my hard earned dollars the right way. And most of the time I see situations that the vaquero easily handles, so I haven’t done it yet. I think if Tesoro had a 3 tone machine with iron audio and notch and such it would be unstoppable. All I have ever wanted extra from my Tesoro’s is to have a tone for each range.

yes! i have often wondered the same! it would seem the obvious next step in the evolution of the
circuitry.i can't help but think that at some time in the past,these steps were 'considered",but perhaps
they were dismissed as NOT being in harmony electronically with the "u-max circuitry!"maybe i am mistaken,
could be an engineering snafu kept this from materializing!..just some thoughts! we will never know!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
mojaves,in particular are getting really tough to find.
fantastic 'coin and jewelry sniper" for the money!

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked up a nice Mojave - I won’t tell you what I paid- don’t want to spoil anyone’s Sunday - let’s just say I got a LOT of change back from $100.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I'm sure glad I got mine . It's really put the fun back into detecting back for me .

i hope you have a ton of fun with it! who needs to spend
a lot of scratch on a detector! that's non sense! tesoros
are a blast to use! what the hobby is all about! i know before i am done,i will have found my share
with my little $251.00 mojave!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Just picked up a nice Mojave - I won’t tell you what I paid- don’t want to spoil anyone’s Sunday - let’s just say I got a LOT of change back from $100.

'hot damn!" how didja get so lucky! nice to catch a break
once in a while! desperate times call for desperate measures!
you will love it! .,great find!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
i believe they will!..downsizing, reorganizing,and repairing
detectors ,along with selling off inventory may be enough
to "buy time" to start again,perhaps with a "smaller" line up
of detectors if i had input,i would suggest they retain the compadre,
mojave,vaquero,lobo,and the sand shark.let the rest of 'em go.
'test the waters',(so to speak) with that array of equipment.ya can't win if ya don't play
if this works,will allow them some working capital,to perhaps,hire a top shelf engineer
to develop new designs. i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I'm new to the sport, relatively speaking. But this is the unfortunate trend of many good businesses especially today. It was said once that technology doubles about every 18 months. Now I understand this sport is a niche science. That science is actually fairly finite. A machine imparts a field that makes minerals "sing" back and measures the differences and tells you about it. I'm sure that most of you are laughing right now but I was a pretty good utility locator at one time. Anyway, different men (and women) have found ways to make machines to tell us about those signals. Some had lots of money and influence to pump money into the field for new machines, not always giving us better tools. Tesoro, as a family venture was the ultimate expression of a particular way to tell us. And what a great vision he had. He developed robust, durable machines but they lasted "too long". As we bought them we became devotees of them, coming to the epiphony that the latest whiz-bang tools still came down to two things, beep and dig. I do hope that his family realizes that there is still a market today for machines that last and give us vital information. If not then we will eventually have to move on. But as for this neophyte I'm glad I got into this sport and found one of those robust Phoenix magic wands to spend time decompressing from the crazy silliness of society. Maybe, just maybe someone from the company will see our continued questions and let us all know what's going on, sooner rather than later...

i think a "reveal" is coming in '19 watch for it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'test the waters',(so to speak) with that array of equipment.ya can't win if ya don't play
if this works,will allow them some working capital,to perhaps,hire a top shelf engineer

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Downsizing is the cure and keeping the best ones like the compadre, Mojave, Vaquero, Lobo Super Traq and Tejon will be enough. The rest is can go. They have to much models and a few of them are outdated.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since they do not answer any calls or emails chances are high they are not returning to business.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All eyes turn toward Bulgaria, or at least, they should. If you're like me and you prefer analog over digital, you should check out the machines being built over there. Pirate, deeptech, golden mask and wave just to name a few few. Many offer multi tone, dual frequencies and wireless headphones. I did a lot of research before deciding on a Golden Mask 4wd and I am very impressed by it.

doglover

Aug 30, 2011

(h.h.!)
j.t.
I could see them coming out with a new detector that will be a combination of their Vaquero with a multi-tone id, a manual ground balance, and multi-frequencies. I know that many people buy Tesoro's for their simplicity and many Tesoro folks like to dig every repeatable signal, but they got to look at it from the new generation of detectorists who want an id of some kind. They'll come a time when all of us beep and dig old timers aren't around anymore myself included. Much as I love their detectors, they have to look to the future. We can only hope.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are done. They are losing customers by not responding to emails and phone calls. I have seen 2 guys complaining about wanting to get there detectors back from repairs and they can't get in touch. Nobody that got laid off or that currently works there is talking. You don't treat customers like that and then just magically pop up with a new machine trying to sell it to those you gave a blind eye earlier.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Me, personally, I pray for all who are involved with this now. Older members will wish the best for Tesoro - I've a couple of them myself === and I will NOT quit swinging them myself = they were good beasts = yes they were!

Period

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions