Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That’s real cool.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed! But... it’s not over until it’s over. I remain hopeful. I am still a Tesoro man, and probably always will be... collecting and using even used Tesoros... if necessary. On my list still to acquire: Pantera (but not for $450), Vaquero, Tejon, Tiger Shark, Cortés (even if it may be over priced).

I want them... and I hardly care what some “noob” might post on YouTube blasting and degrading the Tesoro.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must know something Terry by posting that.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indeed! But... it’s not over until it’s over. I remain hopeful. I am still a Tesoro man, and probably always will be... collecting and using even used Tesoros... if necessary. On my list still to acquire: Pantera (but not for $450), Vaquero, Tejon, Tiger Shark, Cortés (even if it may be over priced).

I want them... and I hardly care what some “noob” might post on YouTube blasting and degrading the Tesoro.

I don't care what anyone says. My Tejon has found good targets my digital detectors did not. It's not for everyone but every once in a while i get the urge to reach for the old beep and dig.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care what anyone says. My Tejon has found good targets my digital detectors did not. It's not for everyone but every once in a while i get the urge to reach for the old beep and dig.

I have the latest F75 version with all the updates. My Vaquero's discrimination circuitry is deeper and it's a whole lot lighter letting me swing it all day.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the latest F75 version with all the updates. My Vaquero's discrimination circuitry is deeper and it's a whole lot lighter letting me swing it all day.

Same here. I got an F75 plus. Don't get me wrong I love my f75 but the old saying there's a tool for every job I do agree with. Or if you just feel like using one of the old tools you have because it just works well.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same here. I got an F75 plus. Don't get me wrong I love my f75 but the old saying there's a tool for every job I do agree with. Or if you just feel like using one of the old tools you have because it just works well.
I’m sure you’ve seen this, but have you ever watched Aquachigger on you tube with a T2 classic? Makes me want one real bad. He runs 0 disc with 2+ tones and high Sens. I love the way it chatters through iron then squeaks on goodies. His hunting style on his land videos are very close to how I hunt with my vaquero and Eldorado umax.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that some people are bashing on Tesoro because their out of date technology? But why did i find/found so much gold with the Lobo Super Traq and almost nothing with all my other detectors. I found more gold with the LST then with all my other detectors together (Deus,Equinox,Omgea 8000 and Fisher Goldbug Pro). Ok, there has to be gold in the ground before you can find it but my whole collection of detectors together finding me less gold then 1 detector, that is not normal.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure you’ve seen this, but have you ever watched Aquachigger on you tube with a T2 classic? Makes me want one real bad. He runs 0 disc with 2+ tones and high Sens. I love the way it chatters through iron then squeaks on goodies. His hunting style on his land videos are very close to how I hunt with my vaquero and Eldorado umax.

In all metal, beeping on anything, the F75 is deeper. I was tempted to get the $499 T2 classic special but didn't since the F75 coils will not work, HAS to be T2 coils.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the CTX and the EQ800.

And I also have the Tejon and the Royal Sabre (notch discrimination).

I love them both from Tesoro, and when I want beep & dig simplicity, those are the ones I pick up to swing.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

IMO, the only two ways to run an F75 or t2 in iron or a dig everything above iron situation is all metal mode and screen watch or 2 tones. I like the f75 since you can Turn up the audio pitch and the non ferrous really pop out above the iron! Almost Deus sounding tones. I loved watching chiggers old silver hoard finds!

In all metal, beeping on anything, the F75 is deeper. I was tempted to get the $499 T2 classic special but didn't since the F75 coils will not work, HAS to be T2 coils.

If you do decide to purchase one, check out the F75 plus deal. I just picked one up for 535 bucks! Hard to beat that deal. I can pm you the place I bought from if you want.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007

rumor has it,he has "seen the light" and is now negotiating with tesoro
to swap his "seafood restaurant" for the tesoro factory

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing Terry! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread