Bummer!

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĂ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I have had a Tejon for years. It was my first nice detector, and it’s been a great unit. I wanted to buy another one, so I got online yesterday and started looking I couldn’t figure out why there didn’t seem to be a lot of Tesoro detectors selling new, with the exception of fleabay. I found this site and read a lot of the stories, and recent posts about the status of the manufacturer. That sucks!
So, my question is, since I won’t be buying a new unit from them, (since there is no factory back up and no one to truly honor a lifetime warranty) who else offers a unit comparable to mine? I really like the analog set up of my unit in the adjustable ground reference. I found some pretty deep targets with it.Does anyone else make a comparable unit to the Tesoro Tejon?

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A manufacturer called DeepTech makes analog machines that look pretty good. On another forum, a guy describes how a DeepTech out-performed his Tejon/5.75" coil combination in heavy iron. Other folks have described DeepTech as picking up where Tesoro left off.

DeepTech is European, but has a couple of U.S. dealers. Used machines occasionally come up on eBay; I just picked up their entry-level machine at a good price there, and am really looking forward to trying it out.

-Ken

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Slim382ms,

Try calling out Tnet Dealers, I bet they have a few "floating" around!

GL & HH

Doc

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Stick with a Tejon. Warranty is not that big a deal and if it does disappear, others best warranty is five years.
I have the #6 Tesoro to come off the Tesoro line.. Deep Search VI. Works fine!
I picked up a new Vaquero, Cibola, and Outlaw since the “shutdown”. Should hold me for my lifetime. ;)

g

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stick with your Tesoro...!
I can't recommend anything else at the moment,
but for the price, you are getting a great deal,
with a Tesoro, even off the Ebay.
Yeah, try our Tnet dealers first....

barnabythebear

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2016
Kettering
Detector(s) used
Tejon 8 x 11 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya,

I took the plunge on a Tejon this week here in the UK. One dealer is 'dumping' their stock at 20% off and it seemed too good an opportunity. Repairs are handled by Pentechnics so it shouldn't be a problem. There are still stocks on UK dealer websites.

Thanks,

Nige.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me crazy but I bought a Vaq after hearing about Tesoro's woes. I wanted to make sure I had one before they disappear.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎŒMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call me crazy but I bought a Vaq after hearing about Tesoro's woes. I wanted to make sure I had one before they disappear.

Crazy. ^_^ Be sure to get the 5.75” concentric coil for it, while you can.

They’re a good detector with excellent depth and they’re fun to use. I have a like new, black one here - just in case.

BTW - I always watch for motorcycles too. Used to ride ‘em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread