Sniper coil for Tejon

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Tejon with the stock coil. Some of the sites thati hunt are very trashy. The site that i hunted last week had nails in just about every hole. Pinpointer was almost worthless because of the nails. My Tejon was chattering so i got out my Compadre. I found a 1950 dime & 2 wheat pennies. I'm thinking of getting a sniper coil for the Tejon. Do any of you have a good recomendation? Thanks!

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yessir, I have a post below about the Mars lion 7" dd coil on the tejon. Its a great setup for separation in iron sites. It doesn't have the big iron disc. Of a concentric but it is deep and slices through the trash. I've only had the chance to use it in a few field sites because of the weather but what I've seen so far impressed me to the point that I got one for the racer also. Haven't used it yet though.
I like the shape better than an elliptical and the depth is the same as the sharpshooter. Good luck

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely, positively - the genuine TESORO 5.75” concentric!! Get one; you won’t be sorry. ^_^

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely, positively - the genuine TESORO 5.75” concentric!! Get one; you won’t be sorry. ^_^

That concentric is the one Rusty recently sold me and it does work well in iron. He was claiming similar depth to the stock coil but in my mineralized VA soil I'm not seeing that...but it's a good coil for trash and I'm glad to have it around.

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree on the 5.75 conc. being a great little coil. I've had a few come and go. What I lack is the patience to cover ground efficiently with them. My fault I know but I just couldn't gel with it.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do agree on the 5.75 conc. being a great little coil. I've had a few come and go. What I lack is the patience to cover ground efficiently with them. My fault I know but I just couldn't gel with it.

They’re pretty much just for when you want to detect in the trashier spots. Yeah; you need more patience with little coils.
They cover a smaller area and you don’t have as much depth - but they’re the best in trash.

BTW - I find that when using the 5.75” concentric on any Tesoro, both the HOT series 4 pin as well as the 5 pin detectors, that discrimination is more consistent and reliable than when using a DD (widescan) coil.
The little concentrics will give the very best discrimination - better than any other coil I’ve tried.
IF you have the patience to use it and you don’t already have one - I’d recommend the 5.75” CONCENTRIC to any Tesoro user - in both the 4 pin and 5 pin version. The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have the 5.75 concentric. It's as deep as my little hockey puck on my F75 (known to go deep).

It works well in the trash.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
They’re pretty much just for when you want to detect in the trashier spots. Yeah; you need more patience with little coils.
They cover a smaller area and you don’t have as much depth - but they’re the best in trash.

BTW - I find that when using the 5.75” concentric on any Tesoro, both the HOT series 4 pin as well as the 5 pin detectors, that discrimination is more consistent and reliable than when using a DD (widescan) coil.
The little concentrics will give the very best discrimination - better than any other coil I’ve tried.
IF you have the patience to use it and you don’t already have one - I’d recommend the 5.75” CONCENTRIC to any Tesoro user - in both the 4 pin and 5 pin version. The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).

right! not many mojaves or the coil.. they been 'sucked up" already!
should bring good money in a few years.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..The newer 6” that comes with a Mojave is also excellent - but not as common on the used market (not as many made).

Sorry - just read that again. Meant 7”. ^_^

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5x10 coil like the one on the Lobo super trak is not really a sniper coil but it separates much better than the stock coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions