I just bought a Compadre!!!

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slightly used for $125. Always wanted one to go with my Mojave. Thinking of going to beach tomorrow. I also put a 7" wide scan coil on Mojave just for beach. IMG_0916.jpg

Last edited:

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĆ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! Got to love the simplicity of that unit.
Iā€™ve always wanted a compadre, but I want one for ā€œhackingā€!
I need to find a marginally working unit for that.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Theres a cult following for the Compadre.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck with the new machine! :occasion14:

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a compadre last year. New with the 8ā€ doughnut. Love it. Best quick hunt machine. Cleans the dirt down to 6ā€ and has great disc. It replaced my vaquero for a while in yards and parks. My kids can use it easily. Itā€™s frequently a loaner to buddies and family. Best 160 bucks I have put into the hobby.

On another note, how do you like that 7ā€ widescan? I bought one for my Eldorado, took it out once, and it wonā€™t be used again. Was hard to GB and had the poorest disc I have ever seen from a Tesoro. Hope it works well for you.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...On another note, how do you like that 7ā€ widescan? I bought one for my Eldorado, took it out once, and it wonā€™t be used again. Was hard to GB and had the poorest disc I have ever seen from a Tesoro. Hope it works well for you.

Iā€™ll throw in my opinion - I donā€™t like widescans on any 5 pin Tesoro. OK on 4 pin models when you want to cover ground, still not the best discrimination though.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a compadre last year. New with the 8ā€ doughnut. Love it. Best quick hunt machine. Cleans the dirt down to 6ā€ and has great disc. It replaced my vaquero for a while in yards and parks. My kids can use it easily. Itā€™s frequently a loaner to buddies and family. Best 160 bucks I have put into the hobby.

On another note, how do you like that 7ā€ widescan? I bought one for my Eldorado, took it out once, and it wonā€™t be used again. Was hard to GB and had the poorest disc I have ever seen from a Tesoro. Hope it works well for you.

I did my first hunt ever at the beach yesterday and used the widescan. I guess I can say it performed flawlessly as far as not being chatty. It also found a 1953 silver Rosie. I can't compare it to the stock coil because I did not bring it. I'm uploading the vid to Youtube now. I also had no targets sound off in or near the water. Everything was up high on the shore. I think it will be the only Mojave beach metal detecting vid on Youtube.

Last edited:

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The oldest coin I have ever found was with a Compadre with the stock coil. It was a signal I had passed over with other, more tech savvy detectors that indicated it was marginal/junk. This little jewel of a detector is a diamond in the rough.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
"sleeper" has been for years! now it's got a buddy "sleeper"
the mojave! deeper compadre with a "mineral toggle"and an
outrageous 7" coil.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Voytek

Greenie
Dec 20, 2019
Calgary
Detector(s) used
Xp deus Equinox 800 Tesoro Bandido 2 umax and my wife's Compadre and Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between those 2 detectors each one is your favourite? My wife loves compadre (she doesn't touch another detector) but I'm thinking to buy her mojave before they disappear.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Iā€™ll throw in my opinion - I donā€™t like widescans on any 5 pin Tesoro. OK on 4 pin models when you want to cover ground, still not the best discrimination though.

the correct, and best coil on a single tone tesoro is the one it comes with from the factory, a '"concentric" coil.
discrimination ''suffers" with a "wide scan" on board.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Between those 2 detectors each one is your favourite? My wife loves compadre (she doesn't touch another detector) but I'm thinking to buy her mojave before they disappear.

hoping you can "get lucky" and find one for her! i don't see any listed anywhere!.maybe one will
be available by spring!. i do see that a e-bay retailer has 'just" the 7" thin profile coil that is "standard"
on the mojave,but no entire mojave appears to be available.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hoping you can "get lucky" and find one for her! i don't see any listed anywhere!.maybe one will
be available by spring!. i do see that a e-bay retailer has 'just" the 7" thin profile coil that is "standard"
on the mojave,but no entire mojave appears to be available.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

A Mojave just sold a few days ago on e-bay for a little over $200. Click on sold on left side of page after doing a current search.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
surprised it was even available, and sold for "short" money!
well! people need scratch these days, so out it went! heard "scuttlebutt"
on forums that only about 200 were produced,before they "croaked!'
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a silver ring Christmas eve with my Mojave. It's on my Youtube channel Paul B Metal detecting.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am out of town right now, but I have a Mojave Rusty Henry sold me.

It's been taken out a few times and still looks like new, I have the box, etc.

Send me a message if you have some interest.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I got a Compadre AND a Mojave and they ain't going anywhere.
They still get used and have an honored place between my F70 and the Nox.
You just can't give up tools that work so deliriously well and have provided you with so much fun and joy.

Attachments

• photostudio_1577499763177.jpg
    photostudio_1577499763177.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 82
  • photostudio_1577499673808.jpg
    photostudio_1577499673808.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 88

Voytek

Greenie
Dec 20, 2019
Calgary
Detector(s) used
Xp deus Equinox 800 Tesoro Bandido 2 umax and my wife's Compadre and Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered today brand new Mojave. But have to wait another 3 months to tryout ā„ļø ā˜ƒļø

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently use a Mojave and Vaquero. Paul B metal detecting on Youtube. I tried a At Pro and Fisher F series and the different tones get on my nerves in trashy parks...lol. When I park hunt I dig almost everything from foil up anyway so I don't need tones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread