Finally: A Tesoro story

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to jump right in and say I put this in today's finds as I found my detector in the mail this morning. A quick look back..... I had been having some issues with my Cibola last year and decided I should send it to Tesoro since they have a good warranty program. I knew they were having issues as a company so I called first and was told to send it in but that it could take a while. I mailed it to Tesoro on November 1st, 2018. I called on Nov 30th to get a status and was told they found the problem and fixed it. I called numerous times since then because it was never sent after they said it was fixed. I finally got someone on the phone in January and was told they had to double check the repair and make sure that was in fact the issue and that there was a backlog of items needing to be shipped out so I would have to wait longer. Last week (late February) they finally called and said they were sending it and it finally arrived today. They said my coil was broken internally and gave me a brand new coil complete with coil cover which I didn't have originally and tuned the new coil to my machine BUUUUUUT...... they forgot the battery cover. :BangHead: I just called them again and amazingly enough, someone answered. They are sending me TWO new battery covers today. Long story short, four months to get my machine back, got new parts, they forgot the battery cover. While not an ideal situation I just wanted to let folks know that they are still operating albeit not overly efficient.

Thanks for reading,
Matt

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good news Thanks

MadTom

Dec 6, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kind of sucks. I have to say that I had a great experience with them as a second owner of a machine. Did work for free and actually sent a personnel note from he technician. That was years ago. To bad about your experience. Hope things work out well for you and the company

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Matt, I've owned several Tesoro machines years ago and had pretty good luck with them. Sorry about your ordeal and glad they fixed it. Maybe now you can go out and find that silver you've been looking for !!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope they can solve their company problems soon! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
misplacedrednek

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Cibola has been a great machine, never had a problem for the first 12 years i owned it. I was just kind of ranting about how long it took and I know the company is downsizing.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Didn’t Tesoro go jumblies up a few months ago? It a miracle they answered the phone at all. I am sure they are just trying to get rid of the repair backlog so they can all go come. And throwing a few other bits in there may be a blessing if the company is closing down.

OP
OP
misplacedrednek

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rep I spoke to very recently said they were downsizing and trying to do with less personnel to avoid going out of business. They are still up and running just not very well.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rep I spoke to very recently said they were downsizing and trying to do with less personnel to avoid going out of business. They are still up and running just not very well.

Being most of the dealers are out of stock I tend to believe it's more than downsizing. If they don't start production soon they are done.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They need to Frankenstein together a modded vaquero with multiple tones and a solid vdi. Seal up the control housing. bam! One machine could revive them. Sell it for the price of a tejon.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a GREAT product! I hope they can pull out of the mess they are in.

OP
OP
misplacedrednek

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another term that the rep used was "regrouping". I agree, they make a solid product and I love my machine, I hope they manage to stay in business somehow.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I'm going to jump right in and say I put this in today's finds as I found my detector in the mail this morning. A quick look back..... I had been having some issues with my Cibola last year and decided I should send it to Tesoro since they have a good warranty program. I knew they were having issues as a company so I called first and was told to send it in but that it could take a while. I mailed it to Tesoro on November 1st, 2018. I called on Nov 30th to get a status and was told they found the problem and fixed it. I called numerous times since then because it was never sent after they said it was fixed. I finally got someone on the phone in January and was told they had to double check the repair and make sure that was in fact the issue and that there was a backlog of items needing to be shipped out so I would have to wait longer. Last week (late February) they finally called and said they were sending it and it finally arrived today. They said my coil was broken internally and gave me a brand new coil complete with coil cover which I didn't have originally and tuned the new coil to my machine BUUUUUUT...... they forgot the battery cover. :BangHead: I just called them again and amazingly enough, someone answered. They are sending me TWO new battery covers today. Long story short, four months to get my machine back, got new parts, they forgot the battery cover. While not an ideal situation I just wanted to let folks know that they are still operating albeit not overly efficient.

Thanks for reading,
Matt

i for one, am pleased to hear this! they are struggling,but NOT giving up!
god bless tesoro! a great company,with an outrageously good product!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
My Cibola has been a great machine, never had a problem for the first 12 years i owned it. I was just kind of ranting about how long it took and I know the company is downsizing.

it's ok! you had a right! with all that's happening with them,i am
surprised they are still in the 'fight! "..god bless 'em

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to Frankenstein together a modded vaquero with multiple tones and a solid vdi. Seal up the control housing. bam! One machine could revive them. Sell it for the price of a tejon.

That's what i've been saying along with a bunch of others, call it the water horse or sea horse or something in spanish of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread