Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some obvious thoughts on Tesoro.

I'm sure these thoughts have crossed everyone else's mind, but I'll state the obvious.

If Tesoro has dropped, or intends to drop, their Lifetime Warranty and some of their dealers are left stuck with Tesoro machines, wouldn't that be a great chance to do some price bargaining with Tesoro dealers on the machine you have had your eyes on ?

Regardless of whether or not the Lifetime Warranty stands, with all the hoopla over Tesoro's possible demise, I would think Tesoro dealers have already been putting discount stickers on their remaining stock. :wink:

ToddB64

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grab your favorites..
I’m not planning on buying any more but if I see a good one at the thrift store, it may come home with me..

UnitedFly

Greenie
Sep 26, 2017
Cape Coral
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Since I'm looking to get into a new saltwater machine, should I skip over the Sand Shark and just go straight to the Excalibur II since no warranty from Tesoro any more?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I'm looking to get into a new saltwater machine, should I skip over the Sand Shark and just go straight to the Excalibur II since no warranty from Tesoro any more?

Very different machines and you’ll have to dig it all with a Sand Shark. They are deep though and very capable.
That said, I’d get the Excalibur - if you don’t mind the price difference..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, building is up for sale. Coffin lid is closed and the nails are going in.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering Tesoro has shut down all production, very rarely responds to calls or emails from customers or dealers I would not look for the site to be back up anytime soon if at all.

Glad I got my Tejon serviced last April , hope they did it right since I have not tested it yet , I should have by now but I been sticking with the machine I know well , I know the tejon pretty well but my Hot g2+ is similar , the screen has kept me using it .
TMI maybe but I've had a ATP BNIB for 17 months , I need to get wet . ???????

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would that stop my from buying a used Tesoro? Never, I would buy every single one I could get my hands on for the right price. You can never own enough Tesoros'

Agree (if the price is right ) & a knowledge of how to fix minor problems would be a huge +.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That is a crazy video. Makes you wonder who is next?

Strange video .
Looks like everybody was just 'Zapped Up' love the Bathroom shots & the picture of the lone unopened box.

If I hit the lottery Ill buy the building & everything in it ...then give diggers some great deals.
R.I P. Tesoro.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange video .
Looks like everybody was just 'Zapped Up' love the Bathroom shots & the picture of the lone unopened box.

If I hit the lottery Ill buy the building & everything in it ...then give diggers some great deals.
R.I P. Tesoro.

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the bathrooms. does a prospective buyer really care about the toilets? As for the rest, the employees worked one day and laid-off the next. Everything is probably just like it was left on the last day the company still "existed".

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One note. The fact that it is for sale doesn’t mean that it isn’t in use. At a minimum, Tesoro is storing their property there. Beyond that it is possible that Vince Gifford with or without anyone else might still be working on the backlog of customer machines they have there for repair.

The asking price is $1.4

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the bathrooms. does a prospective buyer really care about the toilets? As for the rest, the employees worked one day and laid-off the next. Everything is probably just like it was left on the last day the company still "existed".
Well at one time in my life i did sell real estate. And if you are going to have videos & pictures you have to show every room buyers like to see every thing ...

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like they got locked out of it.......Wow, what a mess...

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just happy to be back in the sport and then get to own 2 Tesoro's when I did, again hate to see them go, and was always a believer that somehow they would rebound.. I was one of the wrong ones, but always stood beside my trusty Tesoro and will never let it go and will always be a pass me down for generations to come to swing and enjoying the Vaqauero and Compadre and are blood line brothers that will never die. Really can't wait to buy another one when the time is right..

Thanks to all that have shared your fond memories and will continue to enjoy reading many more success stories along the way.

Tesoro will always live on in our minds and in our hearts.

HH and Cheers everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread