Tesoro has taken down there website

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have not removed their property and still have possession of the premises. The MLS listing makes this clear. Showing by prior appointment only and seller’s property will be removed by close of escrow if premises sold.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just happy to be back in the sport and then get to own 2 Tesoro's when I did, again hate to see them go, and was always a believer that somehow they would rebound.. I was one of the wrong ones, but always stood beside my trusty Tesoro and will never let it go and will always be a pass me down for generations to come to swing and enjoying the Vaqauero and Compadre and are blood line brothers that will never die. Really can't wait to buy another one when the time is right..

Thanks to all that have shared your fond memories and will continue to enjoy reading many more success stories along the way.

Tesoro will always live on in our minds and in our hearts.

HH and Cheers everyone!

Same for me.
Tesoro was the first brand that gave me really good results and most of all fun. Before i had a Tesoro i was always looking at my VDI screen during detecting not enjoying nature i was.With Tesoro It was so simple : put the discrimination at it's place and go swinging and enjoying nature and if you have a double beep just dig. You didn't always knew what it was but if it beeps double it was most of the time good.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is
Myrna Gifford still living ?
ToddB64

alba359

Dec 5, 2008
South Louisiana
I sent the warranty card in for the Cibola I purchased. I'll see if they respond. It would be nice if a group of wealthy treasure hunters could pool money and buy Tesoro with the Spirit that Jack Gifford and Rusty had to operate the business.

My first detector was The Golden Sabre. I gave it to a friend that wanted to get back into detecting. Now I could kick myself! Best detector I've used for silver! It had a soft sound for silver.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think she is. The property is titled in the name of Gifford Family Trust. It may be that
Vince got “voted off the island” - who knows.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think she is. The property is titled in the name of Gifford Family Trust. It may be that
Vince got “voted off the island” - who knows.

Thanks Rick K. !

I hope myrna (Pronunciation "MIR-nah") is enjoying decent health and a happy life ! I wonder if she has any grandchildren to amuse her ?

Also, I would think the Tesoro circuitry patents will be bought by some company and at least some of the best designs used (and hopefully not "screwed around with" :laughing7:), albeit under different model names, to keep the genius of founder Jack et al. alive in the future.

If anyone reading this has a "tight" relationship with Rusty Henry, or any of the Gifford family, perhaps they can provide some answers on the above.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide information !

ToddB64

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patents are only good for 20 years, so almost everything they created is expired or nearing expiration. I dont foresee anyone purchasing old metal detecting patents when they could produce the most classic (and according to Tesoro lovers, the best) designs already.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that none of Tesoro’s designs are patented in any case. I doubt anyone but the Chinese would be interested in copying their circuit designs, the parts used may be unobtainable and in any case, there are often better ways to do in software what hardware had to do in the old days.

If Tesoro who started out with a good international dealer network couldn’t make it, how would a successor expect to survive if they re-started production. The name might be of value, but the only detector company who has gone shopping in the “dead detector company store” was First Texas when Tom Walsh went shopping and bought Teknetics and Bounty Hunter’s “corpses” in order to get some basic designs and valuable trademarks. I think First Texas has enough brands with three. The old joke is that even FT doesn’t know how many different model detectors they make though the three brands!

What would be great is if somebody would recognize the business opportunity and start a repair and modification service for the millions of Tesoro machines out there!

Last edited:

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason and Rick......Thanks for your input ! :thumbsup:

ToddB64

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what happens when ones do not buy American but buy foreign made detectors..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what happens when ones do not buy American but buy foreign made detectors..

No, this is what happens when a company stagnates and fails to keep up with their competition. Someone, somewhere is always hungrier and more driven.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately Tesoro would not stay up with or compete with their competitor's technology and it cost them in the long run. Whites is a US detector company and still very viable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread