Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another guy claims it is a server issue and that it's not completely gone. I don't know.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The site is still sending data, but is misconfigured so that the browser doesn't think the data is HTML. So, it does look like a server configuration problem. Hopefully they fix it soon.

-Ken

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering Tesoro has shut down all production, very rarely responds to calls or emails from customers or dealers I would not look for the site to be back up anytime soon if at all.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site is still sending data, but is misconfigured so that the browser doesn't think the data is HTML. So, it does look like a server configuration problem. Hopefully they fix it soon.

-Ken

Agreed, Ken is right.

Just bits and pieces there, malformed.

Tesoro Electronics, Inc.
715 White Spar Road
Prescott, AZ, USA 86303
1-928-771-2646

Quality Built Metal Detectors Backed With A Lifetime Warranty

36 Years Of Quality Metal Detectors

The New Mojave Detector!

Featuring the new addition to the Tesoro Epsilon Family.
The Precision 7 Concentric Coil!
With Better coverage and depth/sensitivity balance.

S-7RC-SK-E-THIN

"As the Spaniards were yesterday's undisputed masters of treasure hunting, we at TESORO will always endeavor to meet our goal of making TESORO Metal Detectors today's undisputed masters of treasure hunting." -Jack Gifford (1980)

Az Digger

Nov 20, 2016
Prescott Valley AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II Equinox 800, Mojave, compadre,bandido II, Diablo II, Garrett pro pin pointer, Grave digger shovel,Predator tools Phoenix, Gold trax, pro hunter,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume that since it ain't fixed, Vince still hasn't changed...

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our only hope is if this is a plan to get out of the lifetime warranties by declaring bankruptcy. They could then reorganize. I mean, if you are planing on closing down why keep working on machines? I would have left long ago...lol

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our only hope is if this is a plan to get out of the lifetime warranties by declaring bankruptcy. They could then reorganize. I mean, if you are planing on closing down why keep working on machines? I would have left long ago...lol

LOL, me too. I just don't understand the rationale for their current behavior. Someone on another forum says they spoke to someone at Garrett who claimed that Tesoro has given up trying to find a buyer and is heading for bankruptcy.

So, another grim third-hand rumor... perfectly believable, though.

-Ken

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They could at least man up and tell the truth

OP
OP
Mojave1

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could at least man up and tell the truth

They are probably waiting for most dealers too sell out. Don't want to see them stuck with machines that will probably have no warranty after they declare bankruptcy. KellyCo is almost out, but BigBoyToys still has some Outlaws, Vaquero's and Tejons. Plus a few dealers on Ebay.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just there. Everything looks the same. As for closing down, i know nothing but the website is still there.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just there. Everything looks the same. As for closing down, i know nothing but the website is still there.

nope
:)

Some is back up, but all the tabs are still missing like for coils, about us, etc.....

Maybe they are trying to get it back up....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
nope
:)

Some is back up, but all the tabs are still missing like for coils, about us, etc.....

Maybe they are trying to get it back up....
Yes all the tabs are missing all you can see on there website is the Mojave.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if Tesoro scaled back to just a couple models, they may have enough demand to stay in business. I imagine that both Vaquero and Tejon could be popular enough, and it looks as though Mojave was doing OK.. Don’t know about their water models, but I like my SandShark and imagine others like theirs..
Maybe if they just offered their 5 best sellers?
Still wondering why they didn’t want to stay competitive when they once had such a good name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread