12x10DD coil issues šŸ˜•

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĆ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around the fist part of February I purchased a 12 x 10 DD coil for my Teā€™Jon/ Cibola. When I was using it a few weeks ago it started falsing whenever it would get bumped ( and I mean any slight bump ). I isolated it down to the wire going into the coil. The connector is fine and the wiring is undamaged. I purchased this coil new from serious detecting. I emailed them and let them know I was having issues with it and they told me to contact Tesoro, and I donā€™t have a problem with that, but I know that Tesoro is having issues. I would rather send it off in hopes that I might get it back ā€œone dayā€ instead of just letting it sit on the shelf and collect dust. Does anyone have an email address so that I could send an email before returning the coil for repair? Alternatively does anyone know of anyone else that I could send this coil to for repair?

I appreciate it guys.

Oh, one more question even with the issues that Tesoro is having- does the lifetime warranty for the detectors also extend to coils?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around the fist part of February I purchased a 12 x 10 DD coil for my Teā€™Jon/ Cibola. When I was using it a few weeks ago it started falsing whenever it would get bumped ( and I mean any slight bump ). I isolated it down to the wire going into the coil. The connector is fine and the wiring is undamaged. I purchased this coil new from serious detecting. I emailed them and let them know I was having issues with it and they told me to contact Tesoro, and I donā€™t have a problem with that, but I know that Tesoro is having issues. I would rather send it off in hopes that I might get it back ā€œone dayā€ instead of just letting it sit on the shelf and collect dust. Does anyone have an email address so that I could send an email before returning the coil for repair? Alternatively does anyone know of anyone else that I could send this coil to for repair?

I appreciate it guys.

Oh, one more question even with the issues that Tesoro is having- does the lifetime warranty for the detectors also extend to coils?

yes it does

or did.....

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They -used to- answer their phone: tel:1-928-771-2646. I havenā€™t tried calling for about a year though. No idea if the # works now.
Coils were warrantied to the original owner if purchased new; theyā€™d want a copy of your purchase receipt.

OP
OP
Slim382ms

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĆ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They -used to- answer their phone: tel:1-928-771-2646. I havenā€™t tried calling for about a year though. No idea if the # works now.
Coils were warrantied to the original owner if purchased new; theyā€™d want a copy of your purchase receipt.

Thanks, pine. Iā€™ll give them a call in the morning, and leave a message if they have voicemail.
Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll just print out my purchase receipt, write a letter on what itā€™s doing and send it. Itā€™s no good to me as it is, might as well try.

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I appreciate it guys.

You can try [email protected] - that's the email that worked for me last year. No guarantees now though...

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Be on the lookout for second hand coils for your detector.. the sooner the better. They ain't getting any cheaper soon.

g

OP
OP
Slim382ms

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĆ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep.
To be honest Iā€™m thinking of doing a bit of house cleaning, I like los Tesoros but I think I might try someone elseā€™s offering. Iā€™m on the fence.��
I could sell a couple of these and honestly wouldnā€™t miss them too too terribly. My favorite machine right now is the cibola since I put the ground balance on it.
But, I digress, Iā€™ll probably keep them, buy tres mas Tesoros and still try out another brand.

OP
OP
Slim382ms

Slim382ms

Feb 3, 2019
Southeast MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro TĆ©jon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can try [email protected] - that's the email that worked for me last year. No guarantees now though...

I didnā€™t email, I went to the website and followed their return instructions, proof of purchase, letter explaining problem, etc. itā€™s no good to me as it is, so if they never fix it, itā€™s 6 in one hand 1/2 dozen in the other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread