Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may know of someone who has one. Give me a few days to find out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is NOT a gold nugget hunter, but it IS a coin and jewelry KILLER!

[h=5]SPECIFICATIONS[/h]
Operating Frequency10.6 kHz, 10.4 kHz, 10.2 kHz
Searchcoil TypeConcentric
Searchcoil Size9 x 8
Cable LengthApprox. 3’
Audio FrequencyApprox. 630 Hz
Audio Output1½” speaker and headphone jack
Headphone Compatibility¼” stereo plug
Weight (may vary slightly)2.2 lbs
Battery RequirementOne 9 volt DC (alkaline)
Battery Life (typical)10 to 20 hours
Optimum Temperature Range30° to 100° F
Optimum Humidity0 to 75% R.H.
Operating ModesNo-motion All Metal
Silent Search Discriminate

OP
OP
F

Freakn

May 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank Terry!

There is a selection area of the manual that talks about gold nugget hunting and how to set up the machine and use the 8 1/2 inch wide scan coil! I did some research on the machine it was listed by Tesoro that year the machine was made as gold nugget and reilc machine !

Attachments

• BB09701C-154F-4096-B358-20E5FB87A5E5.png
    BB09701C-154F-4096-B358-20E5FB87A5E5.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Never knew of an older Eldorado with a 9x8 coil or that used a 9v battery. The newer ones did.
I owned one in the early 80s and it held its own for that time with relics and coins.
It was one of the early silent search detectors. Going from a threshold detector was quite the trick as I had perfected the deep faint signal tic in the threshold that meant deep, old. The silent search detectors like the Eldorado sent me back to the drawing board for a time.
Saw a fellow using one couple weeks ago. He had a pocket full of relics in a tough, iron filled sight.
g

OP
OP
F

Freakn

May 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older eldorado is a great like the bandio 1 and 2 with white box then went plastic box are great machines for doing manual ground balancing it easy but some machine still hold there weight for being old

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a eldorado u max. My first time out it found 3 eagle buttons in heavy iron using the 9x8. I now have 4 coils for it. It’s in like new shape. Was built in 2001. Seems like a real tame vaquero. I’ve only used it twice. Now it’s back in the box. I have only heard good things about the older ones.

Scout

Jul 18, 2012
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites MX SPORT, Tesoro Eldorado 1989 model, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one 1987

Scout

Jul 18, 2012
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites MX SPORT, Tesoro Eldorado 1989 model, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondering if anyone out there used a older Tesoro machine name eldorado that ten turn manual ground balance? It killer relic machine and gold machine too a all purpose machine overall ? I can’t wait to add it to the other Tesoro machines!

I bought my Tesoro Eldorado new in 1987 and has had years of great Relic hunts with it, I sent it in to Tesoro for a tune up to Carl about 4 years ago and he told me this is still a very good detector hands down one of their best models ever made, I don't use it much now but still a workhorse! Just bought a new MX Sport so getting back out a detecting more again :occasion14:
IMG_4341.jpg
IMG_4340.jpg
IMG_4334.jpg
IMG_4338.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread