tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you Jack Gifford for Tesoro detectors. LINK

tabman

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
in addendum: tha cazador apparently was just an "idea"
that never reached fruition..many running jokes about
it on other forums! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Nice finds!
As far as I’m concerned, the only way to use ‘em is with concentrics. All you really need to make good finds is a Tesoro with a concentric - and the right location.. (location is still the biggest part).
Even with my least favorite Tesoro models, I do better with concentrics on them.

As for Tesoro, the company, being gone; it doesn’t matter much to me. I have enough of my favorite models and enough coils for them - to last for a long while.

this is 'dead nuts" accurate! concentric coils (smaller) work so well on
single tone tesoro's! smooth audio,excellent pin pointing, and perfectly balanced.
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well. this news is new to me, but it seems that the writing was on the wall. I had a DeLeon and a Bandido II. Both great detectors. Tesoso' have always had great build quality. It may be just me, but the MD hobby doesn't seem as active as it was say 10 years ago. And without continued sales for Tesoro since many foreign actors have entered the field, that lifetime warranty may have started taking it's toll. Regardless, Tesoro's command a certain field of their own with the simplicity of sound and depth.

They go forever, and may be the Picaso of detectors if the hobby picks back up. To own an old Tesoro could be a premium. The "old reliable" in a future of computer glitchs.

Jack Gifford Tesoro's deserves the respect of all detectorists, just like George Payne who brought us Bounty Hunters. They were the innovators that jump started this industry.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
jack gifford was a "true visionary"
build simple, reliable, rugged detectors
that can hunt with the latest, and greatest.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. this news is new to me, but it seems that the writing was on the wall. I had a DeLeon and a Bandido II. Both great detectors. Tesoso' have always had great build quality. It may be just me, but the MD hobby doesn't seem as active as it was say 10 years ago. And without continued sales for Tesoro since many foreign actors have entered the field, that lifetime warranty may have started taking it's toll. Regardless, Tesoro's command a certain field of their own with the simplicity of sound and depth.

They go forever, and may be the Picaso of detectors if the hobby picks back up. To own an old Tesoro could be a premium. The "old reliable" in a future of computer glitchs.

Jack Gifford Tesoro's deserves the respect of all detectorists, just like George Payne who brought us Bounty Hunters. They were the innovators that jump started this industry.

Looks active to me. I have subbed almost 1,000 metal detecting channels on Youtube.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll probably hang onto my B2µMax till I'm gone. And yes, concentrics are the way to go, with one exception. Wanna get as much as possible out of a ball field in the shortest amount of time? 3X18 Cleansweep.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad real estate vid of Tesoro, looks like everyone just got the word and left.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
right! this is ''super sad!" yep! looks like it was just recently abandoned!
everything just left the way it was. makes me feel bad! really!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a current rating with the Better Business Bureau of “F” - because they have not answered any of the complaints forwarded to them by the BBB in 2019.

Some of those boxes look like they might be customers’ detectors for repair. For the life of me I don’t understand why they don’t at least return them even if they can’t fix them.

No bankruptcy filings show up under Tesoro Electronics or Vince Gifford.

The place is a mess - junk everywhere - obviously not well run.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent one in for repair 4 months ago. Does anyone know how to go about getting it back. No one will answer the phone, voicemails or e-mails. Don't see how they can just keep it.

Oh I'd be ILL , I'm not wealthy , I'd be mad enough to drive to Prescott & 'GET MINE'.
but
That's just my anger talking , I'm truly sorry to hear that you never got yr machine back.
Hang in there as best possible.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably can’t keep it, bankruptcy will involve a court supervised procedure with any assets used to satisfy creditors to the maximum extent possible - in that event, property of others “bailed” to Tesoro would be attempted to be returned.

The problem is if they do nothing - don’t declare bankruptcy, then you would have to go to small claims court to try and recover your property.

That TOTALLY SUX!!!!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Tabman, YOU ain't gettign my Tesoros!!!!

Live it and breath it, they ain't going nowhere

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks active to me. I have subbed almost 1,000 metal detecting channels on Youtube.

Maybe 8-900 to many but that's just my 'Crappy opinion'.

Also I'd say the hobby is more active than even 10 years ago , with TV , shows & you-tube.

My Opinion

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad real estate vid of Tesoro, looks like everyone just got the word and left.

Yep
Please forgive my lack of better words but it look's like everybody was just 'Rapture'd ' away in a Second.
It's kinda haunting in a strange way. Hmmm, Ill call Agent Muller.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asking price is $1.4M. Looks like Vince Gifford still has possession of the premises. He may even be working there - hopefully on fixing or at least returning customer owned equipment.

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you do if down the road a Tesoro needs repair? Who can you send them to that has parts and can repair them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread