Rusty Henry Called Me Few Days Ago

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like Tesoro is down for the count and there won't be any more produced. Tesoro detectors are great but the son who ended up with the business just wasn't into business or metal detecting. Tesoro really ended when the father died. It's a crying shame because Tesoro detectors have some of the best discriminators in the business. I found enough gold rings and other treasures with my Tesoro detectors to pay for them many times over. Not to mention all the fun I've had with them.

At any rate, Rusty was smart enough to go to the factory and buy up all the new detectors he could that were stored in the warehouse. Down the road Tesoro detectors are going to be in really high demand, so if you're having trouble finding what you want, give him call. The one that I think that is going to be in highest demand is the Mojave, because it works so well, it doesn't cost much and not many were produced. The Lobo SuperTraq is another one that will be in high demand since it does such a great job at finding gold.

BTW, if anyone wants to dump their Tesoro detectors at basement bargain prices because Tesoro has gone out of business, keep me in mind because I'm in the market.

tabman

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting information ā€“ I think Rusty made a good move there now the only thing he did to somebody who bothered to tool up to do repairs on demand. That could be difficult right now about the only independent Detector repair person anybody knows is Keith in Texas and unless things of changed greatly since the last time I dealt with him heā€™s pretty swamped and his service runs into months rather than weeks.

On the other hand Tesoros donā€™t break very much. Iā€™ve got a modified Cibola and clean Lobo super track. Theyā€™ll never be scarce ā€“ plenty of them were built ā€“ hard to say whether I should sell sooner or later.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatā€™s too bad. I will admit, my tesoros havenā€™t been used much this year. They compadre is hurt(see thread) and the vaquero is going out tonight to see if it can find anything the T2se has missed in my latest field permission. I hate to hear itā€™s finally over. I debate on selling my eldorado and itā€™s coils. I really want a patriot for some reason... I havenā€™t given the eldorado a fair chance yet. I got it at the end of last season.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm saddened to hear this, but not surprised. It's been over six months since they laid off the staff... the writing on the wall has been growing steadily larger.

-Ken

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really disappointing. Tesoro machines are so unique and fun to use when you're in the mood to use one. Plus, they flat out WORK! I should hold on to my Tejon and conquistador. I'd really like to buy a Mojave.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the new DeepTech Vista X will pick up where Tesoro left off.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the new DeepTech Vista X will pick up where Tesoro left off.

Well, I'd send my money to Pentechnics in the UK before Bulgaria....

Time will tell....

David the Digger

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent one in for repair 4 months ago. Does anyone know how to go about getting it back. No one will answer the phone, voicemails or e-mails. Don't see how they can just keep it.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can probably keep it if they declare bankruptcy.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They probably canā€™t keep it, bankruptcy will involve a court supervised procedure with any assets used to satisfy creditors to the maximum extent possible - in that event, property of others ā€œbailedā€ to Tesoro would be attempted to be returned.

The problem is if they do nothing - donā€™t declare bankruptcy, then you would have to go to small claims court to try and recover your property.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the last 6 or 7 hunts I've been pounding the hell out of a 1853 home site with all of my top of the line machines from my metal detector arsenal. Pulling string lines on the 2 plus acre lot, taking the dig it all approach and leaving nothing but ferrous targets in my path. Today, I decided to take my Tesoro Mojave and see what it could do. Right off the bat I found a thimble, a bunch of non-ferrous targets, a corroded zinc penny, a Buffalo nickel, a Indian Head penny, a Jefferson nickel, a few pull tabs and a Mercury dime. A Tesoro with a small 'concentric' search coil can hunt behind most any detector and still find stuff, especially at nail infested sites. Most of the stuff that I found today with the Mojave was close to the house where the nails were the thickest.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0628.JPG
    IMG_0628.JPG
    385.2 KB · Views: 117

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the last 6 or 7 hunts I've been pounding the hell out of a 1853 home site with all of my top of the line machines from my metal detector arsenal. Pulling string lines on the 2 plus acre lot, taking the dig it all approach and leaving nothing but ferrous targets in my path. Today, I decided to take my Tesoro Mojave and see what it could do. Right off the bat I found a thimble, a bunch of non-ferrous targets, a corroded zinc penny, a Buffalo nickel, a Indian Head penny, a Jefferson nickel, a few pull tabs and a Mercury dime. A Tesoro with a small 'concentric' search coil can hunt behind most any detector and still find stuff, especially at nail infested sites. Most of the stuff that I found today with the Mojave was close to the house where the nails were the thickest.

tabman

I agree! They sniff out items not seen by others.

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

tabman[/QUOTE

Being open minded enough to recognize that Tesoros in general and the Mojave in particular are just different enough to make a difference is key. Those of us that will use them to advantage understand that. I too have 2 of the latest and greatest but if the going gets really tough I'll pull out a Tesoro everytime.

I always thought they should have been named "MOPUPS" instead of Tesoro.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to long ago you said that Rusty told you that Tesoro could not keep up with orders and they were expanding and hiring people on this very forum. Now Rusty called you to say they are done? Ahhaaha. Yeah, right. I think you are full of it and have always have been over the years and am saying so...

Here's Rusty Henry's Cell # 928-899-0362. Give him a call and let us know what he says.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For all you who like Tesoro detectors with 'concentric' search coils. Today's Finds

tabman

Last edited:

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When myself and others could see Tesoro was not going to make it years ago. You had all the inside knowledge that everything was fine, they were doing great. Yeah, they were expanding, hiring new people. Haha. Look what happened. Rusty personally calling you to say they are done? Some of us knew that years ago, it was so obvious. But Rusty told you things could not be better for them. Now Rusty supposedly calls you personally to say they are done. They were done years ago. Good thing you let us all know tabman. Nice thing Tesoro has you to speak for them and confirm it... haha

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
So yourself claims to be a soothsayer? Do gaze into your crystal ball and share with us something to look forward to.
:notworthy:

Amazed here!

g

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When myself and others could see Tesoro was not going to make it years ago. You had all the inside knowledge that everything was fine, they were doing great. Yeah, they were expanding, hiring new people. Haha. Look what happened. Rusty personally calling you to say they are done? Some of us knew that years ago, it was so obvious. But Rusty told you things could not be better for them. Now Rusty supposedly calls you personally to say they are done. They were done years ago. Good thing you let us all know tabman. Nice thing Tesoro has you to speak for them and confirm it... haha

How did you know that Jack Gifford was going to have a stroke and die? I sure didn't! I bet that you didn't even know that Jack came out of retirement and was working on engineering not just one, but several totally 'new' Tesoro detectors. I'm thankful for the ones that he did design through the years before his untimely death. You have constantly bashed Tesoro for not delivering a promised new detector and do a lot of wild speculating. You keep saying 'supposedly', jld66 give Rusty a call and let us know what he tells you.

tabman

Last edited:

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An interesting peculiarity about forums...someone tries to share some knowledge and opinion for the benefit of others and out comes the squirrels...

This forum however seems to handle it better than most.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For all you who like Tesoro detectors with 'concentric' search coils. Today's Finds

tabman

Nice finds!
As far as Iā€™m concerned, the only way to use ā€˜em is with concentrics. All you really need to make good finds is a Tesoro with a concentric - and the right location.. (location is still the biggest part).
Even with my least favorite Tesoro models, I do better with concentrics on them.

As for Tesoro, the company, being gone; it doesnā€™t matter much to me. I have enough of my favorite models and enough coils for them - to last for a long while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread