Rusty Henry Called Me Few Days Ago
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Rusty Henry Called Me Few Days Ago

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6525 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Rusty Henry Called Me Few Days Ago

It sounds like Tesoro is down for the count and there won't be any more produced. Tesoro detectors are great but the son who ended up with the business just wasn't into business or metal detecting. Tesoro really ended when the father died. It's a crying shame because Tesoro detectors have some of the best discriminators in the business. I found enough gold rings and other treasures with my Tesoro detectors to pay for them many times over. Not to mention all the fun I've had with them.

At any rate, Rusty was smart enough to go to the factory and buy up all the new detectors he could that were stored in the warehouse. Down the road Tesoro detectors are going to be in really high demand, so if you're having trouble finding what you want, give him call. The one that I think that is going to be in highest demand is the Mojave, because it works so well, it doesn't cost much and not many were produced. The Lobo SuperTraq is another one that will be in high demand since it does such a great job at finding gold.

BTW, if anyone wants to dump their Tesoro detectors at basement bargain prices because Tesoro has gone out of business, keep me in mind because I'm in the market.

tabman
    Last edited by tabman; Apr 18, 2019 at 08:33 PM.
    BLK HOLE and AARC like this.
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    643 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Interesting information – I think Rusty made a good move there now the only thing he did to somebody who bothered to tool up to do repairs on demand. That could be difficult right now about the only independent Detector repair person anybody knows is Keith in Texas and unless things of changed greatly since the last time I dealt with him he’s pretty swamped and his service runs into months rather than weeks.

On the other hand Tesoros don’t break very much. I’ve got a modified Cibola and clean Lobo super track. They’ll never be scarce – plenty of them were built – hard to say whether I should sell sooner or later.
    tabman likes this.

us
    History hunter

Jul 2018
    Alabama from Iowa
    Teknetics T2 SE Teknetics Omega 8000 V4 Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Compadre
    516 times
    Relic Hunting
    That’s too bad. I will admit, my tesoros haven’t been used much this year. They compadre is hurt(see thread) and the vaquero is going out tonight to see if it can find anything the T2se has missed in my latest field permission. I hate to hear it’s finally over. I debate on selling my eldorado and it’s coils. I really want a patriot for some reason... I haven’t given the eldorado a fair chance yet. I got it at the end of last season.

ca
    Nov 2017
    Calgary, Alberta
    Tesoro Mojave, Tejon, Vaquero, Golden Umax, DeLeon
    63 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm saddened to hear this, but not surprised. It's been over six months since they laid off the staff... the writing on the wall has been growing steadily larger.

-Ken

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3970 times
    Metal Detecting
    Really disappointing. Tesoro machines are so unique and fun to use when you're in the mood to use one. Plus, they flat out WORK! I should hold on to my Tejon and conquistador. I'd really like to buy a Mojave.
    RustyGold and Davers like this.

ca
    Sep 2007
    Windsor Ontario
    Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
    144 times
    Seems like the new DeepTech Vista X will pick up where Tesoro left off.

us
    May 2013
    Arkansas
    Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
    Seems like the new DeepTech Vista X will pick up where Tesoro left off.
    Well, I'd send my money to Pentechnics in the UK before Bulgaria....

Time will tell....

Apr 2018
    5 times
    I sent one in for repair 4 months ago. Does anyone know how to go about getting it back. No one will answer the phone, voicemails or e-mails. Don't see how they can just keep it.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Paul

Jul 2018
    NC
    Tesoro's Mojave & Vaquero / Fisher F44
    194 times
    They can probably keep it if they declare bankruptcy.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    643 times
    They probably can’t keep it, bankruptcy will involve a court supervised procedure with any assets used to satisfy creditors to the maximum extent possible - in that event, property of others “bailed” to Tesoro would be attempted to be returned.

The problem is if they do nothing - don’t declare bankruptcy, then you would have to go to small claims court to try and recover your property.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
    6525 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    For the last 6 or 7 hunts I've been pounding the hell out of a 1853 home site with all of my top of the line machines from my metal detector arsenal. Pulling string lines on the 2 plus acre lot, taking the dig it all approach and leaving nothing but ferrous targets in my path. Today, I decided to take my Tesoro Mojave and see what it could do. Right off the bat I found a thimble, a bunch of non-ferrous targets, a corroded zinc penny, a Buffalo nickel, a Indian Head penny, a Jefferson nickel, a few pull tabs and a Mercury dime. A Tesoro with a small 'concentric' search coil can hunt behind most any detector and still find stuff, especially at nail infested sites. Most of the stuff that I found today with the Mojave was close to the house where the nails were the thickest.

tabman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0631.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	611.4 KB 
ID:	1707947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0629.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	1707946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0628.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	784.7 KB 
ID:	1707948  
    HighVDI, Kitz, wheatymike and 7 others like this.
    CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, Minelab e-trac, Fisher CZ-5 & CZ3D, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT All Pro, Tesoro Eldorado

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3970 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tabman View Post
    For the last 6 or 7 hunts I've been pounding the hell out of a 1853 home site with all of my top of the line machines from my metal detector arsenal. Pulling string lines on the 2 plus acre lot, taking the dig it all approach and leaving nothing but ferrous targets in my path. Today, I decided to take my Tesoro Mojave and see what it could do. Right off the bat I found a thimble, a bunch of non-ferrous targets, a corroded zinc penny, a Buffalo nickel, a Indian Head penny, a Jefferson nickel, a few pull tabs and a Mercury dime. A Tesoro with a small 'concentric' search coil can hunt behind most any detector and still find stuff, especially at nail infested sites. Most of the stuff that I found today with the Mojave was close to the house where the nails were the thickest.

tabman
    I agree! They sniff out items not seen by others.

us
    normx2

Feb 2017
    NE Arkansas
    Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
    58 times
    Relic Hunting
    [QUOTE=tabman;6174674]For the last 6 or 7 hunts I've been pounding the hell out of a 1853 home site with all of my top of the line machines from my metal detector arsenal. Pulling string lines on the 2 plus acre lot, taking the dig it all approach and leaving nothing but ferrous targets in my path. Today, I decided to take my Tesoro Mojave and see what it could do. Right off the bat I found a thimble, a bunch of non-ferrous targets, a corroded zinc penny, a Buffalo nickel, a Indian Head penny, a Jefferson nickel, a few pull tabs and a Mercury dime. A Tesoro with a small 'concentric' search coil can hunt behind most any detector and still find stuff, especially at nail infested sites. Most of the stuff that I found today with the Mojave was close to the house where the nails were the thickest.

tabman[/QUOTE

Being open minded enough to recognize that Tesoros in general and the Mojave in particular are just different enough to make a difference is key. Those of us that will use them to advantage understand that. I too have 2 of the latest and greatest but if the going gets really tough I'll pull out a Tesoro everytime.

I always thought they should have been named "MOPUPS" instead of Tesoro.
    dirt doctor and tabman like this.

us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    6525 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jld66 View Post
    Not to long ago you said that Rusty told you that Tesoro could not keep up with orders and they were expanding and hiring people on this very forum. Now Rusty called you to say they are done? Ahhaaha. Yeah, right. I think you are full of it and have always have been over the years and am saying so...
    Here's Rusty Henry's Cell # 928-899-0362. Give him a call and let us know what he says.

tabman

us
    Jul 2011
    Germantown, Tennessee
    6525 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    For all you who like Tesoro detectors with 'concentric' search coils. Today's Finds

tabman
    Last edited by tabman; May 02, 2019 at 07:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links