Original Silver Sabre

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason I was compelled to pull my original Silver Sabre out of the closet and fire it up. It was the first Tesoro I bought a couple years ago just to introduce myself to Tesoros. I liked it, but only viewed it as a collector unit. I didn't want to break the thing so I ventured forth and found a nice El Dorado to use. That actually became one of my favorite machines that I still use from time to time. Anyway, the Silver Sabre has some crazy good discrimination that i guess i never really appreciated when i first used it. It appears to be set to ignore iron nails on the lowest setting. I put two rusty square nails on top of a quarter and it still picked up the quarter with no spits or sputs or scratchy tones. Knocks out a pull tab and still picks up a nickel. I have to say this thing is pretty amazing. I knew Tesoros were known for their disc. capabilities, but this old machine is really, really good. That's all I have to say about that. I got excited and thought I'd post about it. :headbang:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the later μMAX version and it too, has killer disc. Your early big box version was supposed to be even better.
While the newer 4 pin Tesoros do go deeper, the disc sure seems better on the 5 pin Tesoros.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Outlaw is no slouch! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased a Bandito II umax the same time as the Eldorado and actually ended up selling the Bandito and keeping the El Dorado. Just didn't click with the Bandito, i guess. It is amazing how well the older Tesoros discriminate. I have yet to use a newer one, so I can't compare. They are fun to use, though.

It’s another of their best discriminators. Mojave is excellent too.
My favorite is still the last Bandido, though all Tesoros will find the goods!

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro discrimination is the primary reason I upgraded from digital to analog. I'm not some old timer who moved up to digital from analog. My first detector was an AT Pro, then a t2 Ltd but I was not happy with their lack of real iron discrimination. So, after lots of research, I bought a used golden umax and I've never gone back to digital.

However, I did buy a Golden Mask 4wd and that's the only machine I've used since it arrived.

It's a real shame that Tesoro never improved after the Tejon. They could have done so much more while keeping their machines analog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions