12X10 concentric coil for the silver umax and/or outlaw.

latham

Jan 8, 2018
milford kansas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, tesoro silver umax, tesoro outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive been considering buying the 12X10 concentric in an effort to achieve more depth with my beloved silver umax. I intend to use it mostly for sites Ive cleaned out pretty well already and our soil around here is very mild. Anyone ever tried this coil on a silver or maybe the outlaw? Ive heard that it can be problematic on a machine that has pre set GB like the silver but am hoping that the mild soil will help. Im guessing it should work very well on the outlaw since its a manual GB machine but I just like running my silver so much more than the outlaw.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Used it on an eldorado several times. It’s heavy. Has poor disc and low sensitivity to small objects in my good mild soil. It’s very deep on larger items when there is not a close concentration of targets. To me it was basically useless against the 9x8. What coil do you use now? Could save up another 100 bucks and get a vaquero used. Solves any depth issues, has great disc and amazing sensitivity to smallest targets with a 9x8 coil. 5.75 concentric for iron infested sites. That coil will do 8” all day on a coin/button in Iowa dirt.

OP
OP
latham

latham

Jan 8, 2018
milford kansas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, tesoro silver umax, tesoro outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the stock 8" on my silver and my outlaw. I can actually get some ok depth on both machines(7" or so on a dime) but just want a little more. And as much as I love it, I dont think the silver gets good depth reliably as its a pre set GB machine. And I know of some easy targets Ive missed with the silver found by other machines that I should have picked up. Ive heard a lot of folks say that the 9X8 shows no improvement over the stock coils. Im not sure about the vaquero. Ive heard that its a pretty hot running noisy machine that can be kind of erratic. Thats precisely what I dont like about the outlaw compared to my silver. Ive fallen in love with the silver due to its simplicity and silence, not to mention the great loot its found for me. Maybe I just need to learn how to run that outlaw more smoothly and get my added depth Im looking for from that machine?

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the stock 8" on my silver and my outlaw. I can actually get some ok depth on both machines(7" or so on a dime) but just want a little more. And as much as I love it, I dont think the silver gets good depth reliably as its a pre set GB machine. And I know of some easy targets Ive missed with the silver found by other machines that I should have picked up. Ive heard a lot of folks say that the 9X8 shows no improvement over the stock coils. Im not sure about the vaquero. Ive heard that its a pretty hot running noisy machine that can be kind of erratic. Thats precisely what I dont like about the outlaw compared to my silver. Ive fallen in love with the silver due to its simplicity and silence, not to mention the great loot its found for me. Maybe I just need to learn how to run that outlaw more smoothly and get my added depth Im looking for from that machine?

I will still remain firm on a vaquero recommendation. When people post about it being chatty, is because they run the sens too high or the GB too negative, or the threshold too high. A conservative approach is best with a vaquero, until you know what a site will allow. Been through all that. It was my first detector and I learned well. I could take you to a site so loaded with iron a multi tone machine will give you a migraine. Then whip out the vaquero and watch it be silent until its over somthing you’ve not disc’d out. I have proven it to myself using the T2se and the v side by side. See my thread “2 hours side by side with the T2se and vaquero” in the head to head section. I assure you the 9x8 is deeper than the 8” doughnut, but it does not separate as well but is so close it don’t matter. The 8” is my next to favorite, that being the 5.75. The silver is a legendary Tesoro, the vaquero is much hotter and far more versatile. This is all my experience and opinion of course

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread