Tesoro Update 7/19/2019

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharing from another site. Guy got a call from Vince Gifford and he needed to confirm my address to ship my repaired compadre back to me. I sent in my compadre, I think it was last October, for warranty work. Then, two days later I read that they had laid off all their employees. Hadn't heard a thing since and wasn't overly distraught since I hardly ever use the compadre and I had a new equinox. But, out of the blue yesterday Vince calls and says he put a new disc pot and a new coil on my compadre and is sending it home. So if anyone else here had shipped one for warranty work and thought they might never get it back because the company went under there's still hope. It seems he's still working on making good on all the warranty claims as long as they were made before they decided to call it quits. I'm actually now looking forward to getting that little compadre back! I never did use it a whole lot, but it has found me two gold rings.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Sharing from another site. Guy got a call from Vince Gifford and he needed to confirm my address to ship my repaired compadre back to me. I sent in my compadre, I think it was last October, for warranty work. Then, two days later I read that they had laid off all their employees. Hadn't heard a thing since and wasn't overly distraught since I hardly ever use the compadre and I had a new equinox. But, out of the blue yesterday Vince calls and says he put a new disc pot and a new coil on my compadre and is sending it home. So if anyone else here had shipped one for warranty work and thought they might never get it back because the company went under there's still hope. It seems he's still working on making good on all the warranty claims as long as they were made before they decided to call it quits. I'm actually now looking forward to getting that little compadre back! I never did use it a whole lot, but it has found me two gold rings.

to be honest i thought vince was laying on a beach somewhere earning 10%.it's good to know he is making the effort to do the right thing.
make people feel better to get their detectors back. good on him!

(h.h!)
j.t.

latham

Jan 8, 2018
milford kansas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, tesoro silver umax, tesoro outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thats great to hear. I had my silver in last year and spoke with vince a few times while it was there. He always sounded overworked and frazzled but was always nice and professional. And he always indicated that he was trying his best to get warranty work done and out the door.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Vince's Car there all the time. He is doing all the warranty work himself.

Mike

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had though that they went out of business. It is good that repairs are being done. Good luck to him.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like this guy could possibly be in a very sad situation. It would be nice if maybe a group of volunteers could form together, and possibly help him out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see Vince's Car there all the time. He is doing all the warranty work himself.

Mike

No, that is not correct. Carl got him out of a jam with the back logged repairs, and comes in as a contractor when they build up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted for political comments.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
my apologies! should never have been posted! ..thanks for the "heads up!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spoke with Keith Wills almost 2 weeks ago at an outing. He told me he is doing a lot of Tesoro work and Tesoro has alluded that he is now the repair center. He said he was ok with that but he didn’t know this was going to happen.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
was anything mentioned about tesoro paying for the warranty work? maybe keeping the new warranty alive!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
was anything mentioned about tesoro paying for the warranty work? maybe keeping the new warranty alive!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Did Keith Wills allude to being awarded the Tesoro warranty repair center as well? Do I send my warranty cards to Keith Wills now?
Didn't think so.

g

Last edited:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
must be late, and i'm tired. you lost me! do you know?..yes ,or no?
everybody's "alluding" but does anybody know to a certainty? maybe a possibility
gifford transferred the warranty cards to keith,and will pay him to do warranty repairs!
would be "sweet!!"..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
must be late, and i'm tired. you lost me! do you know?..yes ,or no?
everybody's "alluding" but does anybody know to a certainty? maybe a possibility
gifford transferred the warranty cards to keith,and will pay him to do warranty repairs!
would be "sweet!!"..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yeah but...

If you were the owner of Tesoro and shut down, would you do it?

And there you do......
:occasion14:

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
the short answer is "no!",but there again, i am NOT vince gifford!
he "might" look at it differently!..hope springs eternal! ..just woke up
from a "dream!".ehe! heh! he! ..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread