Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2016
Kettering
Detector(s) used
Tejon 8 x 11 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya all,

I look my new Tejon out for its second outing at the weekend. Didn't find anything too exiting but did did a nice looking book clasp that looked like it had some age - I'm hoping Medieval :)

I think I have the ground balancing under control but I did have trouble pinpointing and ended up digging some rather large holes! My old machine was a Cscope 6mxi and in PP mode it was super sharp and only signaled using the centre of the coil. The Tejon seems to sound off from edge to edge over a target in discrim and all metal. Do you guys use the tip of the coil to PP? (I have the new stock DD).

Thanks in advance,

Nigel.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Using my Tesoro with a DD I found the wiggle and pull back pinpointing method works fantastically well for targets up to 6-7" or so...accurate, fast and easy.
On anything I suspect is deeper I swing over the suspected location with the center of the coil and do a quick swing or two over that same location from 90 degrees just to zero in efficiently and accurately.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinpointing takes practice, but I find with my tejon it's always dead on. A good pinpointer like the tecnetics will speed things up a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread