Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
I never had any trouble with interference of any kind with the Cibola I had. It is a great detector. Steve.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all power lines are the same. Some detectors can operate in one area fine and not work well in another. Wish I could give you a yes or no, but there are to many variables.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a little noise under power lines but very little. Some won't effect it at all and others will give you minimal trouble but you will have no problem hunting.

Steve in Cali.

Sep 6, 2007
My Cibola chatters a little if I'm directly under electrical lines. Backing off the sensitivity a little takes care of that.

Underground power lines make the machine freak out completely though. Luckily not many locations that I hunt have that.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should add that yards with underground dog fences and security fences will drive a detector crazy for some distance. I once had a job to find this guys wedding ring that he lost near the driveway. I happened to have 4 detectors with me that day and all went crazy till I asked him if he had a security fence and had him turn it off. I found it in five minutes since the detector was again running normal.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried hunting under a 345KV tower line and it was near impossible.
Lots of noise from the Cibola.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I have also noticed a serious feedback problem where comunities have gone to buried lines.

All you need to do is get close and wow. Don't wear earphones if you don't know where the power lines are.

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread