Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2219 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How many other hunters use the Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil?

I have the Clean Sweep Coil that I use on the Tiger Shark with a lot of seccess, mainly at sandy beaches. Was wondering how may other Tesoro owner have this coil for use on the other land Tesoro's. I've never used it on the Sand Shark which is a PI, but know it would be a fast finder.

If you don't have this coil yet, why not?
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jan 2007
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    Tesoro, Fisher
    1 times

Re: How many other hunters use the Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil?

I use the clean sweep on my Vaquero at the beach, covers a whole lot of beach real quick and gets a dime at 5 inches with a good signal. Also good in the park large grassy area when looking for targets up to maybe 4 or 5 inches deep. Again, covers a lot of ground fast. Dead nuts at pinpoiningr too.

Snow's Metal Detectors Tesoro, Sunray and Rods by Plugger Dealer

Dec 2006
    New Milford,CT.
    Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
    1 times

Sandman,

Just thought I'd jump in and give you an update on the TS and the Cleansweep. I literally begged James to send me a cleansweep for my personal TS. No way he will do it! After some questioning as to why they wouldn't, he said that there were some operating problems that they had encountered and that he would not send me one even though I'm a Tesoro dealer. By the way he was talking it didn't sound like they would be changing their mind anytime soon. Soooooo how much do you want for your cleansweep Sandman?
    LOL Joe

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2219 times

Joe, darn, I was hoping Tesoro would bring out the Clean Sweep Coil again for the Tiger Shark. It's great on the other Tesoro's. Send me a PM with an offer. I find I don't use it as much as I use to, but when I have, I've done well.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    4 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I've got the Clean Sweep for the DeLeon but haven't really used it yet. I do a lot of hunting of razed houses and have been using the 5.75 concentric for the most part. It's been on for the last 6-7 months and just haven't gotten around to putting that one on and checking the beaches. I need to get out and look for a couple of campsites in the middle of a pasture area. It should be good for covering that ground fairly quickly as well.

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    2219 times

Remember the Clean Sweep Coil pinpoints off the tip or heel instead of the middle like round jobbies. When I run into junk I just advance 3 or 4 inches at a time or slide the coil forward to pinpoint the trash to ID it by disc.

Doing house hunting with the smaller coil is the only good way to go.

us
    Aug 2007
    Delaware, USA
    Eldorado
    1 times

Do they make it for the Sand shark?

Snow's Metal Detectors Tesoro, Sunray and Rods by Plugger Dealer

Dec 2006
    New Milford,CT.
    Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
    1 times

geckokid,

Yes, they make the clean sweep for the Sand Shark. Joe

us
    Aug 2007
    Delaware, USA
    Eldorado
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by JOE(USA)
    geckokid,

Yes, they make the clean sweep for the Sand Shark. Joe
    Thanks Joe,
    I should of looked in the flyer you sent me. I saw it in there.

us
    Jul 2005
    Close enough to the beach
    **Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
    158 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I was kicking around the idea of picking up a Silver Umax and a clean sweep coil some time down the road. It seems like it would be a good combination.
    Time is nothing, timing is everything.

Nov 2006
    America's home town
    Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep

Joe, not sure why you couldn't get the cleansweep for your TS i bought mine from a dealer here in mass. I called the factory out west who told me that any of their distributors would know exactly what to sell me, which they did, and I have had no problems. Just don't get the connection wet. You have to buy whats called a land / water connector to use it on the tiger shark but its no big deal.
    Ollieboy
    Ollieboy

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    2219 times

As I understand it, the Clean Sweep Coil that is used for some of the other Tesoro's is not the same coil that is directly for the TS. I know as I have the CSC for the TS and it comes with the proper connector and is calibrated for the TS.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

I've heard it's a ring killer. It's not deep (less than 5 inches) but most rings are shallow.

If I lived near the big city parks, ball fields, and beaches, I'd diffinitely have one.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Charter Member
    us

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    2219 times

This coil excels at covering a lot of ground fast like at a mile long beach. It will find the newly dropped goodies faster than my dog can wolf down a pork chop. The more ground you can cover per sweep equals the more chance of doing more finding. Very fast at pinpointing too off the tip or heel.

us
    Aug 2007
    Delaware, USA
    Eldorado
    1 times

I Wonder how deep it will go with the Sand Shark, since it is a PI machine?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links