How many other hunters use the Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
I use the clean sweep on my Vaquero at the beach, covers a whole lot of beach real quick and gets a dime at 5 inches with a good signal. Also good in the park large grassy area when looking for targets up to maybe 4 or 5 inches deep. Again, covers a lot of ground fast. Dead nuts at pinpoiningr too.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sandman,

Just thought I'd jump in and give you an update on the TS and the Cleansweep. I literally begged James to send me a cleansweep for my personal TS. No way he will do it! After some questioning as to why they wouldn't, he said that there were some operating problems that they had encountered and that he would not send me one even though I'm a Tesoro dealer. By the way he was talking it didn't sound like they would be changing their mind anytime soon. Soooooo how much do you want for your cleansweep Sandman?
LOL Joe

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, darn, I was hoping Tesoro would bring out the Clean Sweep Coil again for the Tiger Shark. It's great on the other Tesoro's. Send me a PM with an offer. I find I don't use it as much as I use to, but when I have, I've done well.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I've got the Clean Sweep for the DeLeon but haven't really used it yet. I do a lot of hunting of razed houses and have been using the 5.75 concentric for the most part. It's been on for the last 6-7 months and just haven't gotten around to putting that one on and checking the beaches. I need to get out and look for a couple of campsites in the middle of a pasture area. It should be good for covering that ground fairly quickly as well.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the Clean Sweep Coil pinpoints off the tip or heel instead of the middle like round jobbies. When I run into junk I just advance 3 or 4 inches at a time or slide the coil forward to pinpoint the trash to ID it by disc.

Doing house hunting with the smaller coil is the only good way to go.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
geckokid,

Yes, they make the clean sweep for the Sand Shark. Joe

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was kicking around the idea of picking up a Silver Umax and a clean sweep coil some time down the road. It seems like it would be a good combination.

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
Joe, not sure why you couldn't get the cleansweep for your TS i bought mine from a dealer here in mass. I called the factory out west who told me that any of their distributors would know exactly what to sell me, which they did, and I have had no problems. Just don't get the connection wet. You have to buy whats called a land / water connector to use it on the tiger shark but its no big deal.
Ollieboy

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand it, the Clean Sweep Coil that is used for some of the other Tesoro's is not the same coil that is directly for the TS. I know as I have the CSC for the TS and it comes with the proper connector and is calibrated for the TS.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard it's a ring killer. It's not deep (less than 5 inches) but most rings are shallow.

If I lived near the big city parks, ball fields, and beaches, I'd diffinitely have one.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coil excels at covering a lot of ground fast like at a mile long beach. It will find the newly dropped goodies faster than my dog can wolf down a pork chop. The more ground you can cover per sweep equals the more chance of doing more finding. Very fast at pinpointing too off the tip or heel.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I use my CS on sabre & Pantera for grassy sports fields.
Awesome sweep capability. Coins generally to 6-7" maybe 8.
I do NOT feel it is a deep coil.
Pinpoints well with Xing at tip or heel.
May purchase 5.75 widescan and pass on the 8" concentrics which I HAD liked very much.
Bought little Yeller Feller for my wife.
Have been tying hard to like it.
It is good, but NOT a Tesoro. Not even close.
Also have 1280x and it is SO clunky... I would like to buy Tiger for salt.

R M P T R

xenaskm

Oct 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Silver, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Ollieboy,

Would you please send me the name of the dealer you got the Clean Sweep from? I'd really like to have it for my Tiger Shark. I've looked in a number of places online and I've only found it for other Tesoro models.

Thanks,
Sue

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
hello from bainbridge ga. wanted to know if the clean sweep will fit the Deleon detector, also what is a good size coil for this machine for trashy area and where's a good on line dealer thanks ;D

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread