• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet machine! :occasion14:

Reconzero

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2020
Humboldt.Ca
Detector(s) used
Bandito Umax ll,
Garrett AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had my Bandito 10+ years...found Sooo many awesome finds
Bet I've made $5000 with that stick...great discrimination..
To ground balance ..switch to all metal auto....hold cool above metal free ground ..lower if sound goes up..turn down...sound down....up....good luck

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Havn't pulled the trigger on a used or new detector yet know if I found out a decent used Bandido II uMax it would be one, the other would be Tejon. Question, how the heck did you find a new Bandido just simply amazes me. Congrats on your grab.

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still got my Bandito II umax after 20 years. Haven't used it in a while , but I like how it fold up nicely for taking on a plane.
Im using a minlelab equinox now so I have to teach the wife to work the tesoro so I have a hunting partner.

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used my Bandito 2Umax a couple of weeks ago in Utah on a fresh water lake , only went out for an hour or so but really enjoyed using the B2umax , doesn't have the bells and whistles like the equinox but still a good working machine that is light and reliable !!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was around in the mid 90's when they came out and took the civil war relic hunting world by storm. There are a couple of things you need to know ....we used large 11 inch wide scan DD coils and .....also ....we hunted in ALL METAL while swinging ....and switched to light disc to check a target ....get it ? ....the Vacquello is just as good but it does not have a toggle to quickly switch from all metal to disc...you have to thumb the wheel of a Vaq

josuepaula

Dec 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much you paid for it, t is in excellent condition,congratulations.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice purchase. I still love my Sidewinder and use it often, I love the all metal threshold sound.
Here's a link for the Tesoro Bandido2 Umax manual. Hope it helps. Also do a search for ground balancing this detector.
BANDIDO II µMAX OPERATOR INSTRUCTION MANUAL ... (yumpu.com)
If you are having trouble ground balancing in an area due to metal interference, try collecting some actual soil you are searching and put it in a rectangle plastic container or gallon milk jug. Then balance on it and you should be good to go on your site. You may also elect to purchase some ferrite discs and glue them on some cardboard the same diameter size as your coil and you can use that to ground balance in all metal mode. With these 2 methods you won't have to use actual ground in the field if you are having issues. Once you get the GB established, you can mark with a small sticky dot where your GB is in case the knob gets moved.
Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread