Tejon ground balance bad

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I tried to ground balance my Tejon. No matter how high I turned toward positive, I still had a negative GB. I switched from a 6 inch concentric to a 6 inch DD but it made no difference. Changing batteries made no difference. I figured it had to be the potentiometer so I cleaned it with deoxit and blew it out. No go! I then removed it from the circuit and tested it with a Fluke multimeter. It functioned properly so I reinstalled it. I tried cleaning the coil connector on both sides to no avail. Can anyone help? The GB is much to negative to be of use. Social security doesn't pay much but I am fairly handy at fixing things.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you ever get it to go?

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I tried to ground balance my Tejon. No matter how high I turned toward positive, I still had a negative GB. I switched from a 6 inch concentric to a 6 inch DD but it made no difference. Changing batteries made no difference. I figured it had to be the potentiometer so I cleaned it with deoxit and blew it out. No go! I then removed it from the circuit and tested it with a Fluke multimeter. It functioned properly so I reinstalled it. I tried cleaning the coil connector on both sides to no avail. Can anyone help? The GB is much to negative to be of use. Social security doesn't pay much but I am fairly handy at fixing things.

Replace your capacitors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread