There's a Mojave listed on eBay

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Mojave and broke it so I sold it recently. I offered him $200 and he rejected it. I saw a nice one sell for around $200 a few weeks ago. I have no idea how many were made.

OP
OP
F

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd you break it??????

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How'd you break it??????

Started out with it getting wet. I opened it up to dry out and had 2 wires snap off. Put it back together and disc was way off. I gave up.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Mojave and broke it so I sold it recently. I offered him $200 and he rejected it. I saw a nice one sell for around $200 a few weeks ago. I have no idea how many were made.

I think they sold reasonably well before Tesoro closed up.
I found two Barber silvers with mine the very first time out! Mine was from the first batch they made; bought it about a week or two after they were announced. It’s still not my favorite Tesoro but I can’t deny its effectiveness.

OP
OP
F

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best Tesoro for silver in your opinion?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Since silver is the most conductive - there is no best (my opinion). All Tesoro models will be hot on silver so whichever model you like to use. I’ve found nice silver coins and rings with Vaquero, Tejon, Mojave, Compadre, Silver Sabre μMAX, and of course my favorite Tesoro, the Bandido II μMAX. Probably no more with any one particular model than another but the Bandido gets used the most, so has found me the most.

OP
OP
F

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if you ever owned the original Bandido, so you may not be able to answer my question.. but do you know what the difference is between the two models?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if you ever owned the original Bandido, so you may not be able to answer my question.. but do you know what the difference is between the two models?

I’ve owned 3 of the μMAX Bandido II models, but sold one some time back. Still have two. I don’t know much about the original Bandido but understand that the older style Bandido II is also an excellent detector, but in a slightly larger package. I seem to remember that the “II” models offered some additional feature that the first Bandidos did not - it may have been adjustable threshold.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mojave I offered $200 for it early and he turned me down. I just won the auction with a bid of $152.00....lol

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011

As pinenut says they all find silver.
I found plenty with a Vaq, a Mojave and a Compadre...silver coins, sure, but especially jewelry.

This is just some of my Compadre finds over the years and that one I just used as my "fun" detector from time to time.
Notice the chains, finds them like it is a religion with this thing.

Tiny and thin, at the O in Iron it was there but at the N it was gone.

photostudio_1603540278630.jpg

Two different silver chains, a small silver charm and a gold ring all came out of some grassy island dividers in a high school parking lot all found with the Compadre.

photostudio_1603542277526.jpg

The chain on the left was missed by a friend with an E Trac...walked right over it while I came up behind him with the Compadre and it screamed when I hit it.
Even rubbing that chain in the bottom of his coil my friend couldn't get a decent signal.

A large heavy silver necklace from next to a basketball court.

photostudio_1603540329949.jpg

This is my smallest ring ever.
Near a picnic pavilion loaded with trash, tabs, bottle caps, can slaw and foil galore.
Surrounded by trash on all sides but the Compadre easily zeroed in on it like there was a big, red, flashing beacon above it.
.3 grams...not three grams, POINT three grams.
Sitting on a dime for comparison.

photostudio_1603540385557.jpg

There is a reason all Tesoros have a great rep for finding any silver, jewelry especially and the Compadre in particular.
I suspect my Mojave is just as capable.
I also only use that one sparingly but found all these so far with mine.

photostudio_1603542838560.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Compadre, man.. light weight, incredible discrimination, single knob ease of use.. Can't say enough good things about this detector.

OP
OP
F

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Mojave I offered $200 for it early and he turned me down. I just won the auction with a bid of $152.00....lol

This is beautiful!! I almost bid on it, but I've already purchased 3 machines and figured I should probably hold for awhile.

I'll pull triggers on a Golden uMax if one pops up(I'll probably over pay for this one).. and possibly a Vaquero if a great deal pops up around me.

The more I've played with my Tejon, the more I have realized that I should probably just get really good with this detector and not worry so much about others just yet.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is beautiful!! I almost bid on it, but I've already purchased 3 machines and figured I should probably hold for awhile.

I'll pull triggers on a Golden uMax if one pops up(I'll probably over pay for this one).. and possibly a Vaquero if a great deal pops up around me.

The more I've played with my Tejon, the more I have realized that I should probably just get really good with this detector and not worry so much about others just yet.

There has been a nice Golden Umax on Erie Pa Facebook marketplace for $300 for weeks. If they would ship and use paypal I would buy it.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Other than being heavier and eating lots of AA’s, the Tejon is superb in open areas. Not what’s needed around tot-lots (you can’t turn power/sensitivity low enough), but great in low trash spots, especially when you want some depth.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than being heavier and eating lots of AA’s, the Tejon is superb in open areas. Not what’s needed around tot-lots (you can’t turn power/sensitivity low enough), but great in low trash spots, especially when you want some depth.

The 8 batteries is the main reason I have not had a Tejon or Deleon. Although it could be worse, my 1st detector was a Compass that took 12...lol. Everything I use now takes the same size battery, one 9v in my Tesoro's and Fisher F19 plus my pin pointer.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my smallest ring ever.
Near a picnic pavilion loaded with trash, tabs, bottle caps, can slaw and foil galore.
Surrounded by trash on all sides but the Compadre easily zeroed in on it like there was a big, red, flashing beacon above it.

digger27, I realize the Compadre is great at hitting small rings, but how were you able to "zero in" on the ring amidst all that trash? Was the signal response just different somehow? Thanks.

-Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread