Do The New Larger Tesoro Coils Work On Older Machines?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking that some of the newer Tesoro Coils and was wondering if they would work on my older Tesoro Machines.

I interchange my Umax coils and Toltec Coils with no problem but I was looking at some of the larger coils out for some of the newer models and they state that they are for specific models.

I was also wondering if there were any larger or hotter after market coils that work with the Tesoro and why there are not if that is the case. For example why is there no Coiltek coils, etc for Tesoro machines. Is this a legal issue that is keeping them off the market?

Last thing. Do the Troy Shadow coils work with Tesoro also? I believe this to be the case but I am not sure.

Thanks,

Da Chief!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I interchange my Umax coils and Toltec Coils with no problem but I was looking at some of the larger coils out for some of the newer models and they state that they are for specific models.

If the website states that certain coil are for specific model, that means that your detector is not calibrated for them even if the plugs will fit together.

Most after market coils like the Coiltek's are still designed for certain detector models and if they thought there was enough market for them that they would come out with something. As it stands, the Tesoro coils are about as fine as you will get. The tolerances are tight enough that any after market coil would not be as good.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
And too, just because a coil will "work" with a machine doesn't necessarily mean it delivers optimum performance.

If a coil delivers the best performance for a particular detector it will be clearly stated in the ad at the company that it is made to work with that machine.

But, coil to electronic components balance is a real issue and to the best of my knowledge, to date, only Nautilus has addressed this issue.

I personally think the thing that makes for a "hot" detector is that it's coil is perfectly matched to the electronics. This may have been what was wrong with my Explorer II. It had a new coil and maybe it needed to be adjusted to better match the detector???

Yes, I think the vast majority of the "not deep" detector stories have to do with the relationship of coil to electronics.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread