silver umax vs cibola

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
boog not to sound like a smart a__ i appreciate your opinion, but it would seem to me that if you use a machine alot more than another than obviously your going to find more with the one you use more, and it would also seem easier because you use it more. kind of like if you lift weights with your left arm 6 days a week and your right arm 1 day a week of course your left arm will be bigger and will lift easier. best way i can explain it.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
findit said:
anyone tested both in comparison?

Talking DEPTH only...never compared the two but I think it would depend on the coils used. With stock coils I'd bet on the Cibola. Throw a web coil on the Silver and I'd go with it.

When Tesoro made the Silver Sabres and now uMax, they made a 100% no-nonsense detector. It's highly stable, simple to use, and covers the depth where most coins and rings are found. How can one really improve upon that?

I sometimes almost think Tesoro is sorry they didn't completely dump the Silver series back when they started the so-called "HOT" series. Without the Silver made as it has been made, the more expensive "HOT" series would sell much better.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see something happen to the Silver line in the future. But the Silver has been such a bread-n-butter machine for them that I wonder. All companies know people go mostly by price. More money means better finds which often isn't true but that's the way the public thinks.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions