Took Out my new bandido II umax sat

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hello ,
The weather her took a break and it warmed up here sat in ga , so i decided to take my new bandido II u max out for a try out , after i got some bugs worked out from being a beginner , man that thing would pick up anything ,

One thing that amazed me is it picked up a old garden hoe head at about 20 inches , though i was gonna have to go get back hoe on that one lololol

i found a couple chains and a bullet and a lot of old pieces of metal,

im just learing the ropes on this thing , one thing i like about it is the pinpoint mode on it , with my other old whites sl i had to dig all day to just find what was there , but with the bandido takes half the time to find the target

, if yu ask me about the bandido i say to get it to work at its best is to get ground balance figured out even before you take it out , makes a huge difference at least to me ,

i have been playing with disc on it almost got that down to a t too ,

i just need a lot of practice befor i hit the old sites i wanna go to , at these sites im gonna set it to all metal and go cause i want it to pick up everything , the reason is because the sites im going to were my forefathers , aint no telling what will be there either ,

so any advice yu experts can give me on this detector

, thanks in advance ;D ;D

reed

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon
are u glad u bought the tesoro or do u wish u would have gotten something with an ID and depth? Just wondering, I am thinking of getting a silver umax and am just going back and forth with the ID thing

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey reed88:
Sounds like you have a pretty handle on how to learn the BD. If you use your machine regularly, you will eventually learn its "language". Of course, that goes for ANY machine. Years ago, I had an White's Coinmaster I that I learned so well that I knew up-front what the denomination of coin would be coming up. I've since found that the Tesoro-sound makes that real easy to do. All it takes is practice. :)

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thomas ,
Man what a confusing world of detectors out tyere , i was in the same position that yu are just a while ago and man am i glad its over ,

as for the id stuff i dont really care too much about that but i woul love to have a tesoro deleon , somewhere on this forum i read that the id isnt alway true but dont take me wrong , i know tesoro makes some good id machines ,

the reason i picked the bandido is because of where im located at and the items that ill be hunting , they say that if yu put a 12x10 coil on that bandido itll make a world of difference , but for now ive just got to get this one figured out and man am i close ;D

this is my first tesoro and man i love it ,

another reason i picked this detector is because if yu have problems with it yu can send it back to factory and from what ive heard they fix most of it for free

how many other detector companys do that ?

so man i hope i aint confused ya any more , i know that trying to pick a new detector is a long process takes a lot of reserach to find the one that fits yur needs, at least thats what i done before i settled on the bandido

hope this helps ;D ;D ;D ;D

reed 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Congrats on getting to take your machine out. I live in South Georgia. Beautiful day today. It's to be a high of 79 tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hello pepper , nice to meet some ga folks on here , it gonna get 79 there today good grief , probably wont get out of the 60,s here , im about 75 miles notrhwest of atlanta and have been to south ga plenty of times , if i had to guess id say that yu are close to the ga -fla line , maybe we can get together an do some detecting one day ,aww well just a thought ;D ::) ??? :P

Reed ;D ;D ;D : :) :) :)

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
reed,

Sounds like your on the right track with your B2. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help out.
Spring is right around the corner here in New England! Joe

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thanks Joe , right now i just need some practise , if i come across anything that bugs me ill give ya a hollar :) :) :) :)
thanks in advance
reed 8) 8) 8)

JamesE

I just got a B2 from Michigan Badger, shipped quick and good at his word.
I already like it more than the MXT, subject to change though.

Im looking at 30 degrees, a foot of snow, and 5 more inches coming. >:( I just feel awful for you Southern folks. ;D

Hope all our friends down your way are OK after the storms of the last couple days. jim

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thanks Jim , no tornados hit ga today , but man did we get the much needed rain , but i hope it aint going to rain sat cause im headed out with that bandido again to an ol house place ,

badger is the one that set me in the rite direction on getting a bandido 2 umax and man am i glad i listened to him , too bad i didnt buy that one from him fore yu did lolol ;D ;D ;D ;D

im gonna tell ya smthing , wher i live theres some oldddd buildings that used to be the shopping center or the heart of this lil town that i live in , theres a streak of dirt that seperates the road and sidewalk it about 3 ft wide and about 70 ft long , well im gonna slip over there at abou 1 am in the morning an detect that streak of dirt see what i can find ,,, shhhhhh dont tell anybody or i mite get caught ::) ::) ::)

so jim keep me informed on how that bandido works , if yur like me i know yu gonna like it :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D

reed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread