Competition Hunters....Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition Hunts?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29774 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Competition Hunters....Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition Hunts?

Your opinions please on the best coil for the original Conquistador (with freq shifter) for competition hunts, both land and or beach? Added bonus if it will also work good on the Shadow X2

I have the stock 7" but need a good coil for competition hunts.

Thanks......
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition HUnts?

The 7" coil you have is fine but I would hazard to say either the 8" concentric or the 9"X8" as either would balance well for swinging and cover a little more ground per swing. Usually the targets are shallow enough that you don't have to worry about heavy mineralization. Another reason is that sometimes you can see the soil disturbance through the open center of those coils but not always.The Cleansweep would cover a whole lot more ground but would be tiring after a while and a lot of the clubs are starting to crack down on their use as being too big of an advantage over other contestants.

The main thing though is are you going to be able to use the new coil enough to justify the extra expense?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29774 times

Re: Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition HUnts?

Thanks for the reply Stoney,

I am looking for a larger, used coil to be able to quickly cover more ground, and I will use it on more then the competition hunts. 12.5 inches is the max coil size I am interested in.

Thanks

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29774 times

Re: Competition Hunters....Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition Hunts?

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links