Competition Hunters....Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition Hunts?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition HUnts?

The 7" coil you have is fine but I would hazard to say either the 8" concentric or the 9"X8" as either would balance well for swinging and cover a little more ground per swing. Usually the targets are shallow enough that you don't have to worry about heavy mineralization. Another reason is that sometimes you can see the soil disturbance through the open center of those coils but not always.The Cleansweep would cover a whole lot more ground but would be tiring after a while and a lot of the clubs are starting to crack down on their use as being too big of an advantage over other contestants.

The main thing though is are you going to be able to use the new coil enough to justify the extra expense?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Best Coil for the Conquistador For Competition HUnts?

Thanks for the reply Stoney,

I am looking for a larger, used coil to be able to quickly cover more ground, and I will use it on more then the competition hunts. 12.5 inches is the max coil size I am interested in.

Thanks

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread