Silver vs. Deleon depth

divethetrench

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2008
just how much depth differential are we talking about here?..

A- inconsequential

B- noticable some

C- you will find stuff w/ the deleon that u wouldn't find w/ the silver.

would I have to buy the 12' coil to get as far as the deleon? will it get as far? or possibly further?

also,....the deleon is a coin detector.....does that in itself take away from it's relic finding abilities, or put the silver on par w/ it in that catagory?

thomas_miles25

Jan 25, 2008
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tejon
I own a Deleon and although I have never used a Silver umax I think my Deleon gets great depth! As for relic hunting I believe any detector can be used for hunting relics u just use less discrimination. I would not trade my Deleon for anything. I have found many coins over 7in and that is plenty of depth. Most coins and jewelry are found from 1 to 6in anyways and that includes older coins. The real difference is that one has ID and one doesn't.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Iused the Deleon with equal effect for relics and coins. I just set it in all metal and dug any iron signal greater than a 10 and it was almost always a nail or better.

I love my Deleon I just don't get to use it much anymore now that I have the EX II

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
My guess would be they are close.

The advantage of ID would slow you down some, and might get you a deeper target.

HH
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread