GBing Tejon for wet sand (salt water)

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
thorny196,

The Tejon is probably not going to work very good for you in that environment. No detector can do it all. The Tejon has super depth in light to medium ground mineralization and has a very unique and effective discrimination feature. It however does not like salt/ mineralized wet sand. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Joe says, the Tejon is not the best for the wet saltwater sand. It will do great in the dry however. Some of the detectors that excel in the wet sand have other issues in the fields and woods. That is why ya need to buy a lot of them. :D

OP
OP
thorny196

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
Thanks for your time I remember reading somewhere that some one had posted his settings in wet sand and I could not find it. I am very happy with the Tejon but for the fall I will purchase a second machine for water I'm not sure if I will get the Sand shark or the Excel II yet but I will keep reading your post till I make up my mind. thanks again for your help... R/Mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The settings someone recommends at their beach may not be the same for where ever your trying to hunt. Mainly you need to have disc set so you can still pick up a pull tab and sensitivity where it is stable on the wet sand, no easy feat due to the varying amounts of black sand.

russ

Jul 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
fieldmaster fx 55 c scope cs 4pi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
c scope cs 4pi is a very resonably priced pulse detector with great depth for use on the wet sand, with no discrimination tho you will dig a fair bit till you get used to it ,but you will...saw a used one earlier online for under 200 pounds only a year old...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread